Is the Montefeltro played? What's the most core trap gun?

Browning A5 Ultimate 16 Gauge in Satin Nickel

Get one night a week job at nearest outdoor store and order it from them direct at 50% discount.

Last edited:
I’m assuming clays leads to hunting? If so, I’d recommend a 28” barrel
When I'm hunting I fall on my ass a lot and I like to be willing to charge through any thick chit or briars without fear of damaging my tools.
If I get something like this I'll prob just use it for target shooting unless maybe I go to one of those places where they let the release the birds in tall grass in front of you or something like that 🤷‍♂️

When I'm hunting I fall on my ass a lot and I like to be willing to charge through any thick chit or briars without fear of damaging my tools.
If I get something like this I'll prob just use it for target shooting unless maybe I go to one of those places where they let the release the birds in tall grass in front of you or something like that 🤷‍♂️
Fair enough, the nice thing about a synthetic gun is it can definitely be used as a tool too!

Well I have only shot a 1100 since 1976 and it has more Skeet and Trap records than all the other Brands combined.
I still hunt with my 1976 Remington 1100 3 inch Mag and with it I have shot a 100 straight in Trap with a Trap barrel on and walked over to the Skeet Range put 26 inch Imp Choke barrel and shot 100 straight in Skeet All with no malfunctions.
I have also had less problems with it than Friends and Family hunting with other Brands in the Duck blind and in the field. Reliability in an Auto lies with who maintains it #1 and Brand name 2nd. But mine has only 46 years hunting and still going strong.
I also use 11-87 and it is superior to the 1100 and the upgrades were an improvement.
If I every had to replace my 1100 3 inch Mag it would be with another or a Beretta A400 as they are very nice as well. C02A2E16-FC98-48A9-8AAF-1B51515DB96A.jpeg

@BrentD have you no time for this Tom foolery?
Hey, "Montefeltro" is a big word. I can't pronounce it, and I don't know what it means. Thought it might be some sort of kinky Italian thing, so I was kinda intimidated. :)

I'm not sure how I can contribute if one's heart is set on an automatic shell-shucker. Clearly, such a person has low self esteem and probably has not yet reached his midlife crisis yet.

I did see a nice Greener with 3" chambers somewhere recently. You know, the kind of gun that makes your dog love you while also making you appear far above your true station in life. Like me! :)

Hey, "Montefeltro" is a big word. I can't pronounce it, and I don't know what it means. Thought it might be some sort of kinky Italian thing, so I was kinda intimidated. :)

I'm not sure how I can contribute if one's heart is set on an automatic shell-shucker. Clearly, such a person has low self esteem and probably has not yet reached his midlife crisis yet.

I did see a nice Greener with 3" chambers somewhere recently. You know, the kind of gun that makes your dog love you while also making you appear far above your true station in life. Like me! :)
Not easy to bag a triple on pheasants with just two shots in the gun. Actually, it still might have been possible this day if I'd been shooting my Citori instead of the old A-5. Two roosters dropped and I was shoving another shell in the tube when two more got up.
20221106_164058.jpg
I find the Citori to be awkward to carry, especially at the range. Nothing more annoying than getting whacked in the face by someone walking by with one of those broke open guns slung over his shoulder. I usually shoot two rounds of clays on each outing. That's typically five boxes of shells: a bit more or less depending on how I'm shooting. If the weather is warm, I'm shooting in shirtsleeves only. Recoil from fixed breech gun adds up. I don't swing a lightweight gun nearly as well as a heavier one. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the days of heavy autoloaders are long gone. Pick up a used A-5 (Belgian or Miroku - truth be told the latter are better made) or an 1100. No need to carry it any further than the station and for any grown man, those guns will float to the target and still be very comfortable to shoot ... all day.

My trap guns are both Berettas. An O/U 686 Onyx and a semi AL390, which I believe to be one of the best semis out there. You can find them in your budget.

I wonder how pissed bass pro would be if I ordered a Montefeltchro, citori and a5 all to one store so I could shoulder them and then only bought one?

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back