MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Montefeltro recoil pad question

Mako

Recently purchased a Benelli Montefeltro Silver Featherweght. Great gun, not so great recoil pad. I want to replace it with a Pachmayr Decelerator Old English pad. I put one years ago on my Beretta 686 and it did wonders for keeping my shoulder from getting too beat up. The only issue I see is that the Benelli "Comfortech" pad snaps on and off with some type of tensioned clips. Can't find anyting from Pachmayr that works with this set up. Anyone here run into this problem and find a solution? I know Benelli sells a thicker pad that I hear mitigates the recoil pretty well, but I shoot this gun so well as is that I really don't want to alter its LOP too much. For normal hunting, I wouldn't care, but I like to bust clays with my shotguns from time to time.

I've attached images so you all can see what I'm talking about.

67019457753__039BF012-3052-43DF-96EE-37633B5CEAB5.jpeg67019505540__51E5DB4A-E4AB-48BD-92F1-10B60F4E8670.jpeg67019514033__AFF2AD50-80F8-4C62-97C8-74C8E22B1616.jpeg

Hello Mako,

Did you ever find a replacement pad for this style of stock attachment? I recently purchased a stock with this same system, but no pad.

Thank you,

-TXRowe-

Hello Mako,

Did you ever find a replacement pad for this style of stock attachment? I recently purchased a stock with this same system, but no pad.

Thank you,

-TXRowe-
I took it to my gunsmith and had him fit a Pachmayr Decelerator Old English pad. It has totally transformed the gun. I went from barely being able to get trough a box of hunting loads at my local clay shooting park, to being able to get through an entire case. Now I have an ultra light shotgun I can carry all day that won't make me wince after I pull the trigger. The factory "pad" was little better than a solid butt plate.

The general consensus is that these guns are meant to be carried lots, and shot very little. Not so far as I'm concerned. I like breaking clays with my field guns, and lots of them so that I can become more proficient with them.

Hello Mako,

Thank you,

-TXRowe-

I reread your post. If I'm understanding you purchased just a stock, correct? If that's the stock you purchased it came off of a Benelli Ultralight or Silver Feathetweight. This is the pad you need, but they are sold out. https://www.midwestgunworks.com/recoil-pads-combs/83141

I highly advise getting a Pachmayr Decelerator fitted though.

Last edited:
I took it to my gunsmith and had him fit a Pachmayr Decelerator Old English pad. It has totally transformed the gun. I went from barely being able to get trough a box of hunting loads at my local clay shooting park, to being able to get through an entire case. Now I have an ultra light shotgun I can carry all day that won't make me wince after I pull the trigger. The factory "pad" was little better than a solid butt plate.

The general consensus is that these guns are meant to be carried lots, and shot very little. Not so far as I'm concerned. I like breaking clays with my field guns, and lots of them so that I can become more proficient with them.
Nice! I purchased this stock without a pad and was wanting the Benelli pad on there, but they are difficult to get. I may just end up doing an aftermarket, but liked the idea on something easily removable. Appreciate the feedback.

I reread your post. If I'm understanding you purchased just a stock, correct? If that's the stock you purchased it came off of a Benelli Ultralight or Silver Feathetweight. This is the pad you need, but they are sold out. https://www.midwestgunworks.com/recoil-pads-combs/83141

I highly advise getting a Pachmayr Decelerator fitted though.

They appear to be
Yes, the stock without a pad (came with a foreend as well)...I'm putting on my SuperSport. I'll check the Pachmayr out. Thanks!

Hey, I just picked up the same gun and the recoil issue is there for me too. Can you post a picture of your shotgun with the new pad installed?

IMG_5114.jpegIMG_5115.jpegIMG_5116.jpegIMG_5117.jpegIMG_5118.jpeg
Hey, I just picked up the same gun and the recoil issue is there for me too. Can you post a picture of your shotgun with the new pad installed?
Once you go this route, it's pretty much permanent. The factory screws for the factory snap-on pad have a that weird, wide base (you can see in my pictures above) so the holes in the stock will be somewhat oversized. Not a big deal. A competent gunsmith will fill those holes in with a wooden dowel and make new holes for the new pad. I was initially aprehensive about doing this but am glad that I did. Totally transformed the gun.

I opted to just load my own 7/8 oz loads for my skeet and trap.

They work so nice, I drop 4,5 and 6 shot in for pheasants and turkey.

View attachment 290345View attachment 290346View attachment 290347View attachment 290348View attachment 290349

Once you go this route, it's pretty much permanent. The factory screws for the factory snap-on pad have a that weird, wide base (you can see in my pictures above) so the holes in the stock will be somewhat oversized. Not a big deal. A competent gunsmith will fill those holes in with a wooden dowel and make new holes for the new pad. I was initially aprehensive about doing this but am glad that I did. Totally transformed the gun.
Thank you!

Back