I'm 20 years old. What's your excuse?

No excuses here. I'm 73 now, I'm also 5th generation Colorado and I moved to Montana about 50 years ago. I also killed my first elk when I was 20, but back then the Razor 4 wheeler hadn't been invented, so I did all of my hunting off my hind legs.

I live by myself now, and I can't eat an elk every year, so I no longer need to kill an elk every year, but I have killed 35 elk. This year I'm planning on DIY hunts for pronghorn antelope, deer, and elk here in my now home state of Montana. Also, next week I'm going to Newfoundland, Canada for a combination moose and caribou hunt, and in December I'm going to Kodiak Alaska for a Sitka blackmail deer hunt.

I may be slowing down a little, but I don't plan on quitting any time soon.
Sounds like a heck of a year good luck!

I just love the fact that this is a massive thread that really touches a lot of different bases, but the original poster hasn't touched it, let alone shared any stories of his many, many unexcused hunting opportunities. Also, I'm 1st generation Illinois, but 4th generation South Dakota. Although the two generations before that was in Illinois, so maybe I'm 6th generation Illinois. Either way, I take no responsibility for anything in regards to the DNR and game management in Illinois.

I like the young mans enthusiasm. I also like that he rents and doesn't pay cash for things.
Oh those were the days. lol

To answer your ? if it was a ? is that "My excuse" is I have responsibilities and a family. And I plan for retirement so I dont have to work when I am 65.

Keep living in the fast lane as long as you can because you ony live once and you might not live for long. I get it. But you better be prepared for reality.....because its coming and coming fast.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back