Yeti GOBOX Collection

I'm 20 years old. What's your excuse?

It is interesting how priorities change. When I was 20 I would look at the $46 in my checking account and do a gas mileage calculation to see if I could go to and from where I was wanting, and head off for five days without a care in the world.
I remember those days. Didn't have no RZR either.

It is interesting how priorities change. When I was 20 I would look at the $46 in my checking account and do a gas mileage calculation to see if I could go to and from where I was wanting, and head off for five days without a care in the world.

I'd do the same thing. Figure out how much I needed to drive back and forth to college since I lived at home and commuted. $40 would get me through most weeks with about $20 going to gas and and $20 to food. There was a great little food stand by the school. $2 got 2 pulled pork sandwiches, fries and a large drink. I knew all the landowners on my route to school on first name basis, worked for many of them in the tobacco fields and hay fields. I had more prime deer hunting land to hunt than imaginable. People let you hunt around here back then if you asked. I didn't have a care in the world other than passing classes and shooting deer.

I'd do the same thing. Figure out how much I needed to drive back and forth to college since I lived at home and commuted. $40 would get me through most weeks with about $20 going to gas and and $20 to food. There was a great little food stand by the school. $2 got 2 pulled pork sandwiches, fries and a large drink. I knew all the landowners on my route to school on first name basis, worked for many of them in the tobacco fields and hay fields. I had more prime deer hunting land to hunt than imaginable. People let you hunt around here back then if you asked. I didn't have a care in the world other than passing classes and shooting deer.
And girls.

I remember going to college in my 20's donating plasma twice a week to have enough money for gas to hunt or fish on the weekends. I still have the needle scars from 2 years of doing that.

I remember going to college in my 20's donating plasma twice a week to have enough money for gas to hunt or fish on the weekends. I still have the needle scars from 2 years of doing that.
Have a friend that paid for a lot of beer through college from donating plasma and other umm fluids

I went from high school graduation Sunday afternoon to Monday morning working full time

I'm a big fan of all the journals on here but I must say that so far this one seems to be lacking something. Like a journal maybe. Kinda wanted to see what the kid was going to do. Didn't get to do any hunting when I was 20 because when I was 20 uncle Sam was telling me what to do as well as how and when to do it.

Have to admit that I didn't do a lot of hunting in my 20's and 30's.

Was in the Marines for most of those decades, as well as raising a family, and just didn't have a lot of time for hunting. However, I did get out when I could, much of the time for birds of one sort or another; ducks, geese, doves, quail, pheasant. Did a little deer hunting. Went for hogs once.

New career in my 40's & 50's which gave me actual vacation time and time to hunt! Yes! I have hunted.

Now in my 60's, I still hunt. And enjoy the heck out of it. Kinda wish I had 20 year old knees though... ;)

Regards, Guy

I just had my first child born 4 weeks ago. A boy which I’m very thankful for. I can already feel him tying me down a bit. After all, today is opening day and I’m sitting on the couch watching college football. But I wouldn’t trade him for anything. I WASNT REALLY PLANNING AHEAD FOR ELK SEASON. 😜 What’s your excuse!? Haha good luck bud.

Here's my 2019 hunting schedule not including any guiding or family I’m taking:

• Colorado Archery Antelope (Starting August 15)
  • Colorado OTC Archery Elk ( Starting August 31)
  • Colorado OTC Archery Bear (Starting September 2)
  • Colorado 2nd Season Rifle Mule Deer (Starting October 19)
  • Arizona Rifle Coues Deer (Starting November 29)

I’m going to try my absolute hardest to be diligent in keeping up on this. Hopefully anyone can follow this step by step and feel like they can do exactly what I’m doing!

Any success so far in punching any of these tags?

Back