Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hunting season preparations, what did you do today?

Went for an early morning hike with my two boys who are elk hunting this year too. We did about 5 total miles and gained and lost almost 2000 feet in elevation.

Took some "new-to-me" optics / tripod finds from ebay for a test drive last night at the golf course next door.

20200713_175220.jpg

Gophers: "You guys looking for the comet?"
Me: "Umm, there's a comet??"
Gophers: "Then what ARE you doing?"
Me: "Testing optics for a hunt this fall."
Gophers: "Oh...that's WAY cooler."

We did actually find the comet too...
:cool:

Applied for about 8 elk hunts. Various draw success rates ranged between .11% and .26%.

1595357280987.png

Got my knives out of the safe and touched them up. I am not a great knife sharpener but I get by. I haven't tried the ones that you change the blades on.
I still carry really old Schrades and a really old Case.

Worked later than usual yesterday and will do the same today. Kinda helps offset all the time I take off in the fall.

Just got voluntold to work another week overseas, and less time off. Hoping I still get time off this September...

not today, or yesterday.. a few days ago

just continuing to prepare by keepin those mountain legs oiled up, keeping it even more interesting with alpine cuthroats. no scouting till september for me

i grew up in colorado and i still constantly forget how much colorado there really is

i gotta say, the crowds in the outdoors these days are unreal. i can't be the only one noticing this

IMG-6199.jpg

IMG-6254.jpg

IMG-0034.JPGIMG-0057.JPG

Went to my first Physical therapy appointment to try and get my knee back to working right. Turns out it's a bum ankle causing the knee problem. Who'd a thunk it?

6.2 mile hike with 25 lb pack. Averaged 14:59 pace. My furthest and fastest, yet. Not much elevation change where I live, but the heat and humidity are disturbingly high right now.

My legs are sore today. The army corps of engineers is constantly dredging the Mississippi in spots to maintain a 9’ navigation Channel. When they dredge they pile the sand about 100’ high. Yesterday I did sprints to the top and back down. 6 was all the more I could bring myself to do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back