Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Ski season preparations, what did you do 2 weeks ago?

I quit when the lift ticket hit $8.50/day. Season passes used to be 20x the day rate, we'd all set our school schedules for a tuesday or thursday off and ski every day we could, 40+ days a year. They sold out and now a season pass is $1,000 and this year parking is $40/day.
Wow. I got priced out as well. We took the family to Mt Bachelor about six years ago over spring break and it was $400 for lift tickets for one day.

We did our first ski tour...skinned up to the top of our local hill before the lift was going.
I’m jealous!
I didn’t even get my skins out of the bed of the truck.
my campsite in Utah was almost “ski out” from the tent to the car but messing with the skins and cramming my feet into frozen ski boots seemed like a lot of work for like 500yds of skiing.
Especially after a night of sleeping on the snow when you’re going from a warm sleeping bag to 10 degrees and just trying to get moving so I just used my snowshoes.

Not saying I wouldn’t camp out and take straight off in ski boots in the future tho.

I quit when the lift ticket hit $8.50/day. Season passes used to be 20x the day rate, we'd all set our school schedules for a tuesday or thursday off and ski every day we could, 40+ days a year. They sold out and now a season pass is $1,000 and this year parking is $40/day.

That's why we all had part time jobs at the mountain. I was actually pretty proud of myself when I bought my first ski pass, felt like a big career milestone.

Wow. I got priced out as well. We took the family to Mt Bachelor about six years ago over spring break and it was $400 for lift tickets for one day.
I’ve secretly been hoping that the ski post on here have been subconsciously pushing you to get back into it.
you obviously miss it! Lol

Im sure I’m not telling you anything you don’t know, but I feel like if you can get your tickets a ways out in advance and not go the week after Christmas you can get them at a lot of places for under $150.
Idk if COVID effected pricing this year, but I’m pretty sure my buddies paid $400 for a 4 pack at copper.

if you plan on skiing 7 or more days for better or worse it seems like it’s hard to beat the value of a ikon or epic pass.

Big Sky ticket prices for Presidents Day week are at $190 today, ouch!

I used to teach skiing for quite a few years. A good drill to help learn good movements for shorter turns are pivot slips. Here's a decent video describing it. Practice on a blue run you're comfortable with. Don't catch your downhill edge :)

I’ve secretly been hoping that the ski post on here have been subconsciously pushing you to get back into it.
you obviously miss it! Lol
I absolutely do, but my wife isn't a big downhill skier. She likes to snowshoe, and I spend a lot of time wandering sheep country to kill partridges. Only so much time and money, and my adrenalin fix from skiing has kind of been replaced by mountain biking....

I absolutely do, but my wife isn't a big downhill skier. She likes to snowshoe, and I spend a lot of time wandering sheep country to kill partridges. Only so much time and money, and my adrenalin fix from skiing has kind of been replaced by mountain biking....
I hear what you’re saying about priorities and responsibilities, but at the same time...

“go back to your childhood.
what were the fascinating things?
what’s out there?
what’s beyond the stars?
how long does it go on?
the child wonders.
it’s excited.
that there’s something that never ends.”

*This segment is so fun and awesome but Cody Towsend’s a huge tool who called me a racial slur on Twitter last month for calling him out for implying that he was shot at by crazy rednecks and making some odd comments about guns in his latest film.

I hear what you’re saying about priorities and responsibilities, but at the same time...

“go back to your childhood.
what were the fascinating things?
what’s out there?
what’s beyond the stars?
how long does it go on?
the child wonders.
it’s excited.
that there’s something that never ends.”

*This segment is so fun and awesome but Cody Towsend’s a huge tool who called me a racial slur on Twitter last month for calling him out for implying that he was shot at by crazy rednecks and making some odd comments about guns in his latest film.

Ski Movie I,II, III

My kids magically finish fake school early and ski at least once during the school week, usually twice. I imagine it'll get worse when they can drive.

Big Sky ticket prices for Presidents Day week are at $190 today, ouch!

I used to teach skiing for quite a few years. A good drill to help learn good movements for shorter turns are pivot slips. Here's a decent video describing it. Practice on a blue run you're comfortable with. Don't catch your downhill edge :)

Oof...What’s really insane is that you can find a seat on a cat for ~$500 if you look around a bit.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dyaddof
Back