Hunting season preparations, what did you do today?

Welp, the talk has started with a partner to head to Wyoming for archery Elk next year. So as of tmarra I have start a better diet, more hiking (n grass cutting) with the weighted pack plus some weight training n stretching. I'm so farging stoked. I hope I can dedicate. At 69 it dont come easy.

Hey Doug.......got any tips? 😉

Bought all my licenses for Louisiana and Arkansas except for federal duck stamp and the Arkansas trapping license. I now have 12 deer tags, 4 turkey tags, a bear tag, small game opportunities galore and a pile of fishing and fishing gear licenses.

Hope I get to spend a ton of time putting it all to use.

Hiked 6 miles with 1500’ of elevation gain. Damn near died of heat stroke - 95 degrees in SW MT today 🥵! Checked some trail cams. Saw a black bear.

Had a nice 5 pt bull on one of my cams. Ignore the date - my SpyPoint cams have a hard time figuring out what day it is 😠.
1625281296958.jpeg

Ran 6 miles to hit 30 for the week. Took the muzzleloader to the gunsmith to get a stripped screw out, installed an EABCO peep rail when I got home. Redneck boresighted and ready for the range.

Attachments

• 12CAC321-7DC7-4210-80DA-04B136E42255.jpeg
    12CAC321-7DC7-4210-80DA-04B136E42255.jpeg
    924.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 16057CBC-CC68-447E-A8E1-CCDE6B91AC75.jpeg
    16057CBC-CC68-447E-A8E1-CCDE6B91AC75.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
Found my rangefinder. It was in the pocket on the back of the seat of my truck. Don't know how long it's been missing...
Finding something you havent seen in a while in the truck or in the bottom of a pack is like gold isnt it. I found my favorite knife sharpener in a tub. I had replaced it after it came up missing a few years ago. It was like getting a new one.

Bringing this back up.

Today I built fence and sprayed 15 gallons worth of a 4% glyphosphate solution on approx. 1.25 miles worth of fence row with a backpack sprayer. If I have to move electric netting less often, more time for scouting and hunting.

I also got in about an hour of stretching and bodyweight exercise before daylight. I am working toward starting this hunting season 20 pounds lighter than the end of the previous one.

Hoping to draw a regional deer tag in Wyoming along with a doe antelope tag. I am about as excited for the doe antelope as I am for the deer tag.

Hiked 6 miles in the pouring rain with my wife and kids on a line that according to topo maps wasn’t too bad. Bumped into a sow with cubs, found 0 antlers and had to put down a revolt from my wife and kids about 3/4 of a mile from the truck after I took them on a “shortcut” and told them the truck is just over the next hill for the 73rd time.

During the revolt a badger poked its head up and was watching us and my 6yo daughter was pissed off enough at me I think she would have tore that poor badgers jugular out with her teeth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back