Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hunting season preparations, what did you do today?

I haven’t had any chocolate, bread , chips , pizza , ice cream , pasta or basically anything fun in a Longggg time . It sucks royally
I am sure. A buddy of mine often quotes a saying "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." He's right...until you put a cheeseburger in front of me!

I am sure. A buddy of mine often quotes a saying "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." He's right...until you put a cheeseburger in front of me!
He’s right . I’m no going to give into temptation cuz skinny , well skinnier, feels pretty good . More energy and just feel better overall .

I’ve been checking out units on Basemap, started daily workout routine, and starting to build my western hunting gear inventory. Memorial Day sale on go hunting and Sitka sale has helped some as well.

Did some ground-truthing. Suprisingly, the road I had scoped out from Google Earth wasn't water-barred. I drove from sea level up to about 1,100' on it, and know where I'll be camping. From there it is a steep hike up through the timber about a 1/2 mile to quite a piece of alpine real estate. Two months to go until the Blacktail season opens here in Southeast Alaska.

Did some ground-truthing. Suprisingly, the road I had scoped out from Google Earth wasn't water-barred. I drove from sea level up to about 1,100' on it, and know where I'll be camping. From there it is a steep hike up through the timber about a 1/2 mile to quite a piece of alpine real estate. Two months to go until the Blacktail season opens here in Southeast Alaska.
You found my spot!

I keep practicing marksmanship. Today it was young gophers about the size of a mouse out to 300 yards with the 17 Remington and 204 Ruger...

CC76BB37-372E-4264-9988-6993FFFB2E1B.jpeg970E1CC2-99E2-40A4-A66B-90655A7E7791.jpeg

Tuesday night I got my butt whipped in mountain biking by a couple old 50 year old men who I thought were my friends.
They came out of the gate hard and held that pace for 15mi of our 25mi ride until I clipped my bar end a tree and went Superman over the handle bars.
Based on the way I landed I thought for sure I’d dislocated my shoulder and turned my clavicle into champagne pow, but luckily I hit a bunch of cobra poses all the time so my spine just bent backwards and absorbed the shock as my face bit into the ground like Nate Robinson when Jake Paul knocked him out.
really humbled me.

Tuesday night I got my butt whipped in mountain biking by a couple old 50 year old men who I thought were my friends.
They came out of the gate hard and held that pace for 15mi of our 25mi ride until I clipped my bar end a tree and went Superman over the handle bars.
Based on the way I landed I thought for sure I’d dislocated my shoulder and turned my clavicle into champagne pow, but luckily I hit a bunch of cobra poses all the time so my spine just bent backwards and absorbed the shock as my face bit into the ground like Nate Robinson when Jake Paul knocked him out.
really humbled me.
Ain't it weird but as soon as you get yer wits after the crash you look around to see if anyone witnessed it ? 🤣🤣
Been dere, done dat. At 69 I got 50 somethings usin me for traction.

I went through my pack and got reacquainted to the junk I needlessly haul into the woods. I also swapped out a VX3 3-10x40 scope for a VX3 2.5-8x36 on a new rifle I plan to use as a woods rifle with an occasional shot out to 200 yard (very occasional).Not sure why I put the bigger scope on to start with. All better now.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back