Hunting season preparations, what did you do today?

Shangobango

Today I spent a couple of hours with OnX and the MVUM’s for the National
Forest here pulled up on the laptop looking for the most isolated pockets where certain terrain features and habitat types come together. I have been spending so much time researching out of State areas I thought a little time was needed doing some e-scouting for spots closer to home.

My workouts for today will be swimming pool based followed up with as many weighted step ups as I can manage in the comfort of the A/C.

Heat index is 109....I am chomping at the bit to hike in to some of the more local spots I want to check out but like I said, the heat index is 109.

Today I spent a couple of hours with OnX and the MVUM’s for the National
Forest here pulled up on the laptop looking for the most isolated pockets where certain terrain features and habitat types come together. I have been spending so much time researching out of State areas I thought a little time was needed doing some e-scouting for spots closer to home.

My workouts for today will be swimming pool based followed up with as many weighted step ups as I can manage in the comfort of the A/C.

Heat index is 109....I am chomping at the bit to hike in to some of the more local spots I want to check out but like I said, the heat index is 109.

I did my yoga, and went through my game camera pics. Going to get some cardio in soon and browse OnX! Go Team

Over the past few days, replaced every nut and bolt with grade 8 hardware on some extra treestands I picked up at a yard sale. Eliminated the cables and replaced them with chains. Knocked off the rust with a grinding wheel and cup brush then primed and painted. Finished assembling them today. Grilling kabobs currently, then the gf and I will be out for a 5 or 6 mile hike afterwards.

Went to work, came home, made dinner, now in the recliner reading about you guys working out.
OK, to be honest, I opened an envelope that had my muzzle loader deer permit in it. Still waiting for my 2 firearm permits. Yep, use the muzzy for them as well. Archery tags are over the counter. So, sit in my ladder stand bow hunting. Strenuous part is climbing up. ATV and Jet Sled haul deer out. Muzzy hunts are bang, flop. Get ATV.

ASSUMING we still go back to Alaska next month, I have a shotgun, .22 rifle and fishing poles lined up for use. Hope to find some fish, and will try to do some "ground-sluicing" on some grouse.

There, is that better? :cool:

Walked a few miles in this summer heat. Thought my new arrows were going to be here today so I could start setting them up. Apparently not. Maybe they'll come tomorrow.

Total archery challenge all weekend and back to climbing trees in the high nineties this week!

Flexed my internet muscle. Droppin' knowledge bombs. Escouted the Sierra Club Instagram for my next trophy. Got my teeth whitening done and perfected my bow shooting selfie angle. Worked up a list of Hashtags. #Elkhunting is getting me killer traffic on my gym shots. Jerks ran me out shouting "#DYEL?" Made sure my brim was straight and the hat fit just right covering the tips of my ears.

Hollered at my mom to get the Meatloaf ready because I gotta go polish my low profile mudder wheels on my straight pipe coal rollin' Dodge. Hope you like my new haircut.

Back