Hunting season preparations, what did you do today?

I keep picking away at getting my self and my equipment ready. Just welded up an aluminum bracket to mount a full size spare on my cap rack for my new truck. Plus drove out to some state forest free campsites to try out the Alaknak an other camp goodies. Looks like we can do some steep hikes an play in a waterfall right from the tent. Kids will be in heaven so hoping I get the permit.

Attachments

• 20200726_122729.jpg
    20200726_122729.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 9
Plus I tuned into Randy's shop talk while working in the shop. The tip of the week is don't eat 5 alarm chili when planing to go out in the mountains. To funny! I ussually try an lay off the Genesee beers too.

Ordered the remainder of my meal plan and a new set of trekking poles thinking rather sheepishly about how I bent one a couple years ago. Trying to figure out what might be a thoughtful gift from MN to bring my hosts this Fall.

No time to hike today. I will do body weight excercises throughout the day when I get time. 50 parallel squats, 25 single leg squats each leg, And 50 lungesGets my legs burning. I also need to start getting my gear gathered and ready. I got an order of Heather’s choice last week so the food is almost complete. I need to buy a few things for the truck too. I am going to get another tow strap, a different shovel and a new Battery jumper pack.

No time to hike today. I will do body weight excercises throughout the day when I get time. 50 parallel squats, 25 single leg squats each leg, And 50 lungesGets my legs burning. I also need to start getting my gear gathered and ready. I got an order of Heather’s choice last week so the food is almost complete. I need to buy a few things for the truck too. I am going to get another tow strap, a different shovel and a new Battery jumper pack.

That reminds me, I need chains.

I forgot to add when at KUTCH archery, I got my arrows for elk season , OREGON DUCKS 🦆, even if college football gets cancelled I’m still gonna be rocking my favorite team in the field this fall , fired up about the arrows
View attachment 147432

I don't check this thread for a few days, and it's REALLY off the rails. I'd be worried about those things scaring everything. Not like the orange and black fletchings on my arrows.

I did finish my first 30-minute run today since plantar fasciitis stopped me back in October. I could probably climb a small hill in the elk woods now.

QQ

I don't check this thread for a few days, and it's REALLY off the rails. I'd be worried about those things scaring everything. Not like the orange and black fletchings on my arrows.

I did finish my first 30-minute run today since plantar fasciitis stopped me back in October. I could probably climb a small hill in the elk woods now.

QQ

Orange and Black !! Ha ha ha , One of my friends got the Oregon State wraps. Hope you get back to full strength soon , be blessed!

Yesterday morning I tore myself away from the work for the morning an hiked in to an area on the Forest that I have been eyeing on my maps and apps but have never walked in to. It was the coolest morning in awhile and for awhile so I had to take advantage.

The area got my attention mainly because it is one of the areas of the Forest that only has about 5 days of gun hunting allowed per season and the rest of the time it is bow hunting only coupled with the fact that it is the area in this section of the Forest that is the most isolated from roads and has the most difficult access.

I was rewarded with jumping a bachelor group of 3 bucks. One of them will be a no brainer shooter when season rolls around. It is pretty satisfying when you drop a pin on Onx as to where you think the most likely buck bedding area is and then jump bucks within 100 yards of the pin.

I also jumped two separate does that both are bound to have fawn in two different spots about a quarter mile from where I jumped the bucks.

I regret not snapping any pics of how the woods are looking down here but I was trying to get back in cell service before noon because we are not required to use PTO for partial day absences and I was concentrating on the scouting.

Judging by what I am seeing and depending on the acorn crop those deer really don't have a reason to move out of there before the start of the season Oct 1. It looked like to me most of the browse was right in the bedding areas. The bedding areas all had small creeks adjacent to them down lower with a good mixture of different types of oaks on the hillsides and in the creek bottoms.

Felt so awesome to hit the woods and to be finding new areas to hunt during bow season. I am still kind of on Cloud 9. My little scouting mission sure did refresh and get me even more excited for hunting season as well as help get my general attitude straightened out after working 16 of the last 17 days.

Moving a couple of stands and checking cameras from January to February after season closed. Seeing what made it through the season.

Attachments

• 2FD0ADD9-9AF3-4C8A-8FD0-5CDE69478F21.jpeg
    2FD0ADD9-9AF3-4C8A-8FD0-5CDE69478F21.jpeg
    1,013.5 KB · Views: 11
NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back