Caribou Gear Tarp

Hunting season preparations, what did you do today?

Well I got the all clear yesterday from the orthopedist to shoot my Matthews. No structural damage in my shoulder. Bursitis and/or tendentious is all that he saw on the MRI. He is scheduling me for a nerve conduction study to figure out if and to what degree carpal tunnel or other nerve issues are causing some of the problems in my right arm and shoulder.

He said I should consider dialing down the draw weight on my bow. I am going to dial it down to about 60lbs and see how that feels. I am going to tinker with that tomorrow. Looks like I get to dial in and tune my bow again.

Re-tested the new remote for my duck spinner decoys I got last week and realized the remote wiring smelled like it is burning at the part that connects to the decoy. Worked fine the first time I tried them out, glad I was bored and re-tested them. Learned a great lesson, don't wait until right before your trip to retest your equipment and test it more than once. Returning for a new pair this week.

Last edited:
Found a little scrub trail that runs up and down a steep ridge very close to my house, to mix in some weighted-pack up/down/up/down hiking into my fitness routine:

B5106D76-FC16-453F-AB95-C2AE6BC48884.jpeg

I’m pretty excited about having a trail to train on within quick walking distance of my house. I even discovered a bedding area of some of our local wildlife:

6E128F3F-BB34-4042-994C-9CAE5C6696FC.jpeg

Portland is a land of wonders!

Found a little scrub trail that runs up and down a steep ridge very close to my house, to mix in some weighted-pack up/down/up/down hiking into my fitness routine:

View attachment 150025

I’m pretty excited about having a trail to train on within quick walking distance of my house. I even discovered a bedding area of some of our local wildlife:

View attachment 150028

Portland is a land of wonders!

urban hikers is more like it ! Lol

Got new tires on my pickup then took a drive to check cameras and hike a bit. I also took down my new (to me) Davis wall tent as I had set it up last night for practice/inventory and to let it air out. 10:1 odds it's set back up and I'm sleeping in it with the kids by the end of the week.

Got new tires on my pickup then took a drive to check cameras and hike a bit. I also took down my new (to me) Davis wall tent as I had set it up last night for practice/inventory and to let it air out. 10:1 odds it's set back up and I'm sleeping in it with the kids by the end of the week.

I want to set up my new Alaknak but with the current heat wave down here I'll just wait.:cool:

Five mile hike with 25 pound pack at a 14:24 pace. 74 days till my elk hunt; 71 till wheels up...

today?

i've managed to start eating a banana and pour my second cup of coffee

just remembered after seeing a few posts in here i should try to double check zero on the 30-06 pretty soon, bear hunting/elk scouting is sneaking up mega fast

Every day that I am out with the camera is a scouting day. There is definitely one spot that I found recently that will have a hunter covering it this season.

2 weekends ago scouted a mule deer area I hope to draw someday. Stopped by an unnamed big box retailer and bought a 12 inch steel target and 3 boxes of shells.

Spent 4 days painting the body of the house. Ladder climbing is a good workout. Did discover a weak ankle and arch on my right foot. (PF)

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back