Hunting season preparations, what did you do today?

Went for an early morning hike with my two boys who are elk hunting this year too. We did about 5 total miles and gained and lost almost 2000 feet in elevation.

Took some "new-to-me" optics / tripod finds from ebay for a test drive last night at the golf course next door.

20200713_175220.jpg

Gophers: "You guys looking for the comet?"
Me: "Umm, there's a comet??"
Gophers: "Then what ARE you doing?"
Me: "Testing optics for a hunt this fall."
Gophers: "Oh...that's WAY cooler."

We did actually find the comet too...
:cool:

Applied for about 8 elk hunts. Various draw success rates ranged between .11% and .26%.

1595357280987.png

Got my knives out of the safe and touched them up. I am not a great knife sharpener but I get by. I haven't tried the ones that you change the blades on.
I still carry really old Schrades and a really old Case.

Worked later than usual yesterday and will do the same today. Kinda helps offset all the time I take off in the fall.

Just got voluntold to work another week overseas, and less time off. Hoping I still get time off this September...

not today, or yesterday.. a few days ago

just continuing to prepare by keepin those mountain legs oiled up, keeping it even more interesting with alpine cuthroats. no scouting till september for me

i grew up in colorado and i still constantly forget how much colorado there really is

i gotta say, the crowds in the outdoors these days are unreal. i can't be the only one noticing this

IMG-6199.jpg

IMG-6254.jpg

IMG-0034.JPGIMG-0057.JPG

Went to my first Physical therapy appointment to try and get my knee back to working right. Turns out it's a bum ankle causing the knee problem. Who'd a thunk it?

6.2 mile hike with 25 lb pack. Averaged 14:59 pace. My furthest and fastest, yet. Not much elevation change where I live, but the heat and humidity are disturbingly high right now.

My legs are sore today. The army corps of engineers is constantly dredging the Mississippi in spots to maintain a 9’ navigation Channel. When they dredge they pile the sand about 100’ high. Yesterday I did sprints to the top and back down. 6 was all the more I could bring myself to do.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back