Hunting season preparations, what did you do today?

Taking one for the team finishing the bag of peanut butter MM’s because my wife’s mad I bought junk food. 🤷‍♂️

And the licorice.

And the rest of the chocolates are hidden in the freezer.

Have been treating my rain gear with some Kiwi camp dry stuff. Labor .... intensive.

Definitely keep hammering.

#snacksnoozespray

Going fishing then getting home and packing and checking what I forgot to pack and making sure I have everything. Probably done that routine a dozen times now. I always forget something. Hopefully not anything critical.
I like to surprise myself and forget something as well.

I like to surprise myself and forget something as well.
LOL I have forgotten something critical. I could of sworn I had my deer tag packed along with my bear tag and archery license in the pouch in my pack. Out of the middle of nowhere the damn game warden appears. I had to make a trip into town to get a duplicate deer license.

Got out first time (not counting the first day where I broke it after a few casts) with the fly rod and landed 5 small cutthroats. No pics of the fish since the last time I tried that I dropped my phone in the river.

IMG_20200706_102919549.jpg

Hung a trail camera at a new major elk trail I discovered and took dad along with , in addition to spending time with him , we saw 8-9 blacktails and 3 elk on the trip

the elk trail .....
2DEBDAA6-F5CB-43C1-AC48-526FF5B62ABB.jpeg

the camera , Any hunters would approach this camera most likely from the rear so because there’s so much moss on everything in this area , I used myss to cover the band that goes around the tree , you’d actually have to go past the camera and then come back to notice it, anything extra to keep it safe , This Main trail is actually is in between two clearcuts and I kind a dumb luck stumbled upon it out on a scout a few weeks back , and got a camera back in there before the start of August trying to see what kind of elk are cruising in between the two clearcuts using the forest as protection to move between food sites I know there’s two herds in this area but I have yet to catch them out in the open so hoping on the camera I can see the size of the herd and if any young bulls are with them and eventually the bigger bulls are gonna start cruising these trails always excited for what the month of August produces on this camera, or what you might catch on any new camera you hang
693224A8-8190-444F-9388-1D9084A9E182.jpeg
0A95C703-57AC-4D1A-A726-199BC6D957D3.jpeg

the camera is a lighter green along with the strap , which is why I went a little extra to conceal it from the rear
388DCDB7-379D-4F66-9599-03AFD3A72DE2.jpeg

Last edited:
Hour and a half mountain bike ride with hill repeats on a section that has a hellacious incline (hellacious for a Texan). Legs are jelly...

Sheared sheep yesterday and made my back and legs extremely sore. After church go do some scouting today. Hopefully find some decent antelope. Maybe shoot my bow a bit

Just more workouts in the A/C and pool for me. I am starting to question more and more why my ancestor that settled here in Louisiana in 1809 did not head northwest from the Carolina's instead of southwest. My only guess at this point is that he was a cold natured fellow. I am not. Summer here is dumb.

Doing what I can while watching my 3 kiddos. 3-mile double stroller push in 90 degrees yesterday, and wanted to do another 3 miles today with my daughter in a backpack ~45 lbs including extra gear, but after a mile or so she wanted to walk, so pace slowed down to about 0.5 mph. If I’m lucky I can get them all to sleep for 1 hr this afternoon so I can shoot my bow.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back