Hunting season preparations, what did you do today?

Just checked my pictures and realized I did not take any last Saturday. Finally hiked into a spot I have wanted to check out and found great elk sign. And a bull bugled a couple times. Short and quiet compared to Sept, but tough to beat that for a summer scouting trip. And I decided to try a different route back to the truck and as we were crawling over and under down trees in a burn area my wife was questioning her decision to come with me.

Convinced my buddy that he needed to buy a gun today if we were going to go moose hunting in sept.

I am downloading the units we can hunt on Onx for offline use. And I walked 7 miles this morning pushing my kid in the BOB stroller at a 15:45 per mile pace. Now I’m on the porch drinking a beer,watching a storm roll in and eating microwave popcorn

Checked game cameras, had a decent sized buck on one and then came home and shot 40 arrows.

Attachments

• MFDC1782.jpg
    MFDC1782.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 8
  • MFDC1783.jpg
    MFDC1783.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 11
  • MFDC1782.jpg
    MFDC1782.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 10
  • MFDC1783.jpg
    MFDC1783.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 9
Some builders down the road from me are using that system. Never had any experience with it. Interesting. mtmuley
It’s pretty slick, especially if you want a finished basement. It’s significantly more expensive than formed concrete if you have to hire a contractor, but by doing it myself it comes out cheaper than having a concrete contractor form and pour.

It’s pretty slick, especially if you want a finished basement. It’s significantly more expensive than formed concrete if you have to hire a contractor, but by doing it myself it comes out cheaper than having a concrete contractor form and pour.
Do you have to do much bracing?

Day hike on Sunday, tried to scrub the mildew stains out of my canvas tent Monday (didn't notice them when I bought it used), tried bare shaft tuning my bow (failed miserably), and got a decent core workout from waterskiing yesterday. Then on the way home, discussed with my buddies where exactly in the unit we wanted to base our operations this coming fall.

Now that we've got that hammered out, time to start e-scouting, maybe make a couple trips up to get boots on the ground.

Another 5 mile hike with my weighted day pack. Trying to get my pace as fast as possible. Managed to average right at 15 minute mile this morning.

Incidentally, I'll be hunting with my Smith 460 XVR and found a way to simulate having it strapped to my waist. Took one of my wife's 5 lb ankle weights and wrapped it around my waist strap. The looks and jokes I get wearing this 'get up' in the city on a hike/bike trail, are awesome...

Lifted weights before work. Went for a run after work. Didn’t shoot though so don’t call me Cam Hanes. #liftrundidntshoot

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back