Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE A PACK OF WOLVES TO WIPEOUT YOUR PETS OFF THE DECK?

Domestic dogs share DNA with wolves. I don’t care what type of Dog it is, a pack of any seven canines are dangerous to any person or animal. Just like a pack of seven young unmarried human males are just as dangerous. If confronted by either you better kill the alpha ASAP and have a firearm and extra ammunition.

Absolutely NOT irrelevant. The deer killed by wolves will save way more than enough human lives in Deer-Vehicle-Accidents than the one or two (per 1/2 millennium) that they will taste test. So, overall, wolves will save human lifesavers. They probably deserve Presidential Awards of some sort for this important heroism.

Why would you want that to happen ? Humans are at carrying capacity for the planet we can’t have the world devoid of all risk, otherwise we will be at 14 billion people in 100 years.

Domestic dogs share DNA with wolves. I don’t care what type of Dog it is, a pack of any seven canines are dangerous to any person or animal. Just like a pack of seven young unmarried human males are just as dangerous. If confronted by either you better kill the alpha ASAP and have a firearm and extra ammunition.
I'd take on a pack of seven pomeranians any day, even bare handed.

If I remember right, the first pic with me and the grey and the last two of the black one were from NW of Dillon. The other black and one of the grays was between Livingston and Gardiner and the rest were caught on the front range of the Boulder and Rosebud areas. I really need to make a trip down that way this winter. We caught wolves on public land in the same two spots in Paradise Valley three years in a row. Would be way easier hunting them there than what I am used to up this way!
You can go off some people, what a dream job you have, those photos are superb.
Cheers
Richard

Pretty sure there’s more wolves than that in Wyoming. They like to under estimate the wolf population for some reason, while over estimating the deer population. Doesn’t do them any good either,- less wolves=more deer=more deer tags for the game and fish. But they lowered the wolf quota this year, I assume because they want to see less elk and deer and moose(whatever’s left of the moose).
AND I FEEL THE GREAT LAKE NUMBERS ARE UNDER ESTIMATED HERE AS WELL, THEY DONT WANT TO MAKE THE NUMBERS ANY HIGHER DUE TO THE TARGET NUMBERS FOR THE ENDANGERED SPECIES ACT TARGETS

AND I FEEL THE GREAT LAKE NUMBERS ARE UNDER ESTIMATED HERE AS WELL, THEY DONT WANT TO MAKE THE NUMBERS ANY HIGHER DUE TO THE TARGET NUMBERS FOR THE ENDANGERED SPECIES ACT TARGETS

The states want management of wolves. Why would they purposely underestimate numbers to keep them listed? Minnesota's stated population estimates are 2-3 times the recovery goal. If we wanted to keep them listed, shouldn't our stated population be below the recovery threshold? FYI, typing in all caps does not make your argument any more valid.

When I was a kid my folks got me a GSP pup, and he killed a 5lb sack of flour like that while we were out at dinner one night, dry flour and wet goo was everywhere. When my dad walked in and saw the mess, he laughed, turned to me and said "Well, that's your dog, have fun cleaning it up..."

My neighbors may feel the same way about mine - that little bastard barks at everything outside. Love him though.
View attachment 122328View attachment 122329View attachment 122330

I'd take on a pack of seven pomeranians any day, even bare handed.

Alright fellas I forgot about the poodle, teacup and toy class of dogs. Hahaha I mostly think of those dogs as rodents. I am mostly talking feral varieties of the working, hound, bull, and hunting dog breeds. Which once feral can be just as dangerous as wolves.

Wolves are scary!! It amazing how often we still hear that they are going to start coming into town and grabbing kids at bus stops. I get calls to look at coyote pictures or tracks at least a couple times a year for people scared wolves are nearby, they always seem sad, upset, or non believing when I tell them it’s not a wolf.

My one year old lab broke my nose the other night while we were rough housing, must have been the wolf dna in her coming out.

The states want management of wolves. Why would they purposely underestimate numbers to keep them listed? Minnesota's stated population estimates are 2-3 times the recovery goal. If we wanted to keep them listed, shouldn't our stated population be below the recovery threshold? FYI, typing in all caps does not make your argument any more valid.
i was referring to usfs, not so much the states as far as estimates. the cap lock are because I am working in another program that used caps and I am lazy.

Alright fellas I forgot about the poodle, teacup and toy class of dogs. Hahaha I mostly think of those dogs as rodents. I am mostly talking feral varieties of the working, hound, bull, and hunting dog breeds. Which once feral can be just as dangerous as wolves.
Sounds like somebody has spent enough time watching Westminster. Time for some fresh tracks ;)

When your reading population estimates for certain species of game, you might take notice of certain comments like: " Minimum number counted" or "Estimate added to minimum numbers"

Or add to the factor that the UP of Michigan and Wisconsin share a border. The wolves can move back and forth across state lines in these areas. How do we take solid count of this. Thus an estimate of wolf population.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back