Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE A PACK OF WOLVES TO WIPEOUT YOUR PETS OFF THE DECK?

It's been almost three years ago now that we had that really bad winter, and my lab, who lives outside, was making a terrible racket about 2 am. This is very out of character for her, so I got out of bed to shut her up/see what was the matter, and to my surprise there was a damn mountain lion in my backyard. It's probably close to a mile in any direction from my home to be "in the country," but nevertheless, there was a kitty that was there to eat my dog. Don't know what my point is I guess other than to say there's all sorts of bad things out there to get your pets whether they be wolves, cougars, a vehicle or thieves. Be careful out there people.

I had beagles torn up by coyotes. I have had my big hounds do a good number on coyotes many times. It happens. It’s all part of life and the rolls we play in it

I've been waiting for wolves to eat a kid for over 20 years.

Slacker wolves still haven't done it.

why do I have this feeling that Mr Lamb and I are about to be crucified for these posts o_O

anyway, we dont leave babies out on the porch, too many bears.

seriously, we dont have wolves attacking people on a regular basis. Earlier this year we had an attack on a man down south, but he was able to run him off with only a couple bites to his arm. We do protect our dogs and they protect us, at least alert us, even distract for us. I wouldn't get too wound up, animals are animals and they occasionally do things out of the norm. Our dogs will put fear into a wolf, far more often than a wolf is going to worry our dogs. Besides bears, cranes are more dangerous to dogs than wolves IMHO

We know why this is however, it's because wolves were basically eliminated from the landscape. As the population returns, so will the human casualties.

If we killed all the meth heads, burglary and cheep beer sales would go way down.

I'm curious to the benefits of wolf re-introduction from a hunter's perspective? I'm also interested in why the pro wolf re-introduction hunter doesn't trust the words of hunters where introduction has occurred?

I worry far more about meth, opiods, and human trafficking.

You've got way bigger things to worry about...

from your link. " There have been only two verifiable documented deaths from wild healthy wolves in North America."

key words "only two".

Your odds are astronomically higher to win the powerball.
I realize the odds about humans, I was merely answering a previous post as to whether there have been documented cases. With my link to wikipedia.

I will tell you this, I have three trail cameras on my 3\4 mile cabin driveway. I never had a one week period this year where I did not have wolves on all three cameras, most of the time its a daily occurrence.

There is a reason Wisconsin's deer harvest was down 25% this year, upper Michigan was down about 15%, wolves aren't responsible for the totals completely but they play a big part in it.

So there are 30 million deer in the US. Let's put wolves at 30 million as well. Do you think the traffic deaths would be similar in numbers? I do.

If we created human sized wasps with an ability to seek out and kill humans wearing axe body spray, deaths of teenagers and guys named Todd would skyrocket and it's equally as irrelevant.

But is it as irrelevant as showing deer related traffic deaths when discussing the potential of wolf related human casualties increasing as the wolf population increases?

If we created human sized wasps with an ability to seek out and kill humans wearing axe body spray, deaths of teenagers and guys named Todd would skyrocket and it's equally as irrelevant.

The chance you take when leaving your pets outside,while living in wolf areas.Nobody too blame but the pet owners.

Thinking about the lion hounds we run and with the guys I've ran with. Everytime they turn their dogs out they know there is a chance they might not come back whether a lion gets them or a wolf or they fall off a cliff, drown, etc etc. Now obviously no one wants any that to happen, some guys or gals think of dogs as a tool and some will just simply not turn their dogs loose in wolf country because of this. To each his own I guess, betcha next time they put Fifi outside to go potty at night they'll be standing there with a 12 ga. waiting for them.

One guy bought a hound from my buddy, a started 2 year old male blue tick, my buddy sells them with a warranty even. (Birth defects, illness, performance so on and so forth) First hunt, guy goes out in Idaho I believe it was, turns loose on a track, not 30 min into it dog gets whacked by a pack of wolves. Carried off and eaten, the owner finds the tracker collar two hours later. Calls my buddy up when he gets back to town and asked for a warranty and talking all this bs.................. silence on the phone and my friend politely responds. Guess next time you'll choose a different area to run. Welcome to being a houndsman. Click

Back