Here's Mine...

Breaks Runner

antelope2010018.jpg

Greenhorn and myself have a little history with this one....man I was glad I found him again after hitting him with my bow on September 12th. Kurt was running two decoys and finally lured him into within 25 yards. Beings that I suck with a bow, I blew the shot and hit him high in the shoulder. We chased him several hours and he finally slipped away on us. Later that day Kurt killed his pre-scouted giant buck that you all have seen pics of in here. We joke about what could have been. That is killing two B&C antelope the same day with bows!! Yep, that would be about 10,000,000 to one!!

antelope2010011.jpg

Awesome goat, Pat.....

Glad you found him again- although as big as he is, I'd guess he'd stick out from a long ways off.

Great photos too, as usual.

congrats on a nice lope. What did the arrow wound look like by this time? was it healing up or going sour? In the picture he looks to have a lot of dark stuff on his hair? It is amazing what animals can do as far as a wound, i have seen deer shot in the gun season with arrows still in them length wise in thier body and have no clue how they were still alive. although the meat was wasted and green on those animals

Tremendous lope. I am also curious how the arrow wound looked nearly a month later.

That's a fantastic goat and glad you got him after your archery hit. Makes it that more special in the story behind the hunt. Way to stick after him.

Congratulations on getting that one! He's definitely an awesome antelope.

WOW! That is a sweet lookin bruiser!

Congrats! Pronghorn have always been a freezer filler event. Think I need to be a bit pickier in the future. very nice!

Back