Caribou Gear

had to go get some chocolate this afternoon

jbm

ok so this was 1 of the shortest bear hunts i have ever been on .
was out this morning looking for a nice bear and found nothing at all
came home for a few hrs eat some lunch watch some tv and talk myself into going out again looking for a bear. well it was already getting late so i just went up behind my house .
drove up an old logging road about 1 1/2 miles and stopped to glass a small area that had been logged many yrs before but was still pretty open . seen nothing so moved up another 50 ft, and bingo a bear at 197 yrs almost level with me across the creek. loaded my ultra light arms that is chambered in a wildcat 30 rem necked up to 35. 1 shot and the bear was rolling almost down to a old skidder road. short 20 yrd drag to the skidder rd then a short drive back to my house to grab a game cart . well its already back at my house gutted and hanging from my backhoe and ready to skin. sorry this is no long range shooting or a hard 12 day hunt in the driving sleet and snow . maybe next time lol

Attachments

• 2013 bear 018.jpg
    2013 bear 018.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,271
  • 2013 bear 019.jpg
    2013 bear 019.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,304
  • 2013 bear 027.jpg
    2013 bear 027.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,258
  • 2013 bear 031.jpg
    2013 bear 031.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,267
Nice. It's never bad to be at the right place at the right time.

Great bear, congrats.

Mind me asking what his food source was?

I've been hunting your country and pulling zeros this fall trying to turn one up.

Great bear, congrats.

Mind me asking what his food source was?

I've been hunting your country and pulling zeros this fall trying to turn one up.

he had a mouth full of plain old grass when i got up to him
most all the huckleberry's are gone so i think they are just trying to get fat on anything they can right now.
this area that i shot this 1 is the 3rd bear i have taken from there. it has water cover and alot of grass. easy to glass in the mornings or afternoon and a very easy pack out if you get 1 most of the time

Your bear-in-the-gamecart picture looks like one of my wisdom tooth patients after we are all done, including a slight bit of blood on the upper right lip!!

Wish I had a mobile skinning rig like you have.

he had a mouth full of plain old grass when i got up to him
most all the huckleberry's are gone so i think they are just trying to get fat on anything they can right now.
this area that i shot this 1 is the 3rd bear i have taken from there. it has water cover and alot of grass. easy to glass in the mornings or afternoon and a very easy pack out if you get 1 most of the time

Interesting.

I've been hitting the creek bottom berries and haven't even been seeing sign. Berries are there, just no bears. Congrats again on the bear.

Nice! Nothing wrong with an easy hunt once in a while.

Very nice! I don't mind working for 'em, but I don't hate the ones that come quick and easy too!

Tell us a little more about that gun. What kind of loads do you use and how fast are they?

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back