Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wtf am I trying to prove:Colorado bear 2023

DouglasR

Day one:
pretty cool.
Hiked in a couple miles on the trail, found a big park.
Set up on the edge of some aspens looking across the trail into some oak brush.
Watched a chick let her unleashed dog run around the meadow.
Watched 2 bow hunters walk by on trail.
Told them I was sitting there till dark.
They were cool.
Watched them hike back out about an hour later.
With about 15 min it shooting light left I see a bear run across the meadow and start coming down the edge of the aspens right at me.
He stopped at about 70yds.
I shouldered the rifle and got it in the crosshairs for a hard quartering too, almost frontal shot.
“What if it’s a sow with Cubs?”
It turned and ran into the woods.
Promptly moved across the meadow and set up camp.

Day 2: get up early, glass meadow, no sign of bear.
Pack up and hike out.
Get drunk and grill out at car.
Sleep in bivy sack in horse shit and trash at campsite along road that looks like third world nation with everyone else who’s sick for it.

Day 3: hike in, find only 1 glassable spot from trail.
Only like 3/4 mi in but it was a dope campsite so 🤷‍♂️.
Glassed that night.
Nothing.
Glassed morning.
Nothing.

Day 4: hiked out. Gonna get a real shower and some brunch.
Think I’m gonna hike into the meadow from say 1 and hope no one from the 5 other rigs at the th are up there. 🤷‍♂️

B97A8D5F-8DCF-4B18-92CC-827F05B3F5C2.jpeg024C9920-6C5A-4A74-9B0C-7A3EE2D19AB5.jpeg449F600D-3065-4C28-81A9-C7B99F785FBB.jpegF4EDB490-B765-487E-8BEF-8140324B2279.jpeg

It sounds like you had everything going for you bro. Get back out there. Thinking back now, do you think if it had cubs nearby you would have seen em?

Shoot that daggum thing! If bullets ain’t flyin ish ain’t dyin lol
No it all happened in a split second.
Very similar to the last year when a bear walked up on me while I was taking a nap and jumped up and yelled “hey bear” and her cub i didn’t see popped out of nowhere and ran up a tree.

It sounds like you had everything going for you bro. Get back out there. Thinking back now, do you think if it had cubs nearby you would have seen em?

Shoot that daggum thing! If bullets ain’t flyin ish ain’t dyin lol
I really just want to go try to climb sopris or take my shotgun and walk around an entire different area looking for grouse, but you don’t leave bears to find beard, so I guess I’m just gonna hike back up there, sit on my ass and stare into space for the next couple days.
Hopefully the other guys aren’t up there or are ok with just hunting whitetail style tonight. 🤷‍♂️

I really just want to go try to climb sopris or take my shotgun and walk around an entire different area looking for grouse, but you don’t leave bears to find beard, so I guess I’m just gonna hike back up there, sit on my ass and stare into space for the next couple days.
Hopefully the other guys aren’t up there or are ok with just hunting whitetail style tonight. 🤷‍♂️
Right in the midday goddamned Colorado sun and heat.
Just like I like it. 🤮

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back