Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wtf am I trying to prove:Colorado bear 2023

Last night was pretty cool. Set up camp down in some thick chit before the meadow where I probably should’ve been hunting given the fact that there was a severed elks leg there.
Which disproves my theory about there being no elk.
Apparently there are at certain times.
I hiked up to the meadow and nestled myself into what I think was oak brush and pinion junipers.
Didn’t see any deer but did get to watch some muley doe’s walk across the meadow within rifle range so that made it worthwhile to me.

Forgot to set an alarm this morning, jumped up when I realized it was almost daylight, grabbed my stuff, ran up the trail to the top of the little ridge where you could see into the meadow and sure af there were 3 bow hunter camped right smack dab in the center of it.
Public land I guess 🤷‍♂️
Trail hunting 🤷‍♂️
Decided to walk past them and try to sit there anyway but at about 7:30 one of them got up, walked over to the edge of the aspens and took a chit.
Packed up camp and called it a trip.
Colorado wins again.
Might not be cut out for this stuff.
Seriously thinking my future as a western big game hunter.
Might just bring a shotgun and hike and camp for grouse in the future.
Might look for a bear tag in a non otc elk unit. 🤷‍♂️
E65E5D4D-D421-4A49-B412-8DC75F1288E4.jpeg
FACE10FD-6AD7-4CC1-86E9-7AA475BD5E4D.jpeg
9F86D4CB-BBE7-4ACC-B2F4-64627A06F3DB.jpeg

I will never be able to unsee that..... why???? :oops:

seriously though, you're giving it a hard effort that's all a guy can do. just enjoy the experience and getting away from the rat race for a bit

Last night was pretty cool. Set up camp down in some thick chit before the meadow where I probably should’ve been hunting given the fact that there was a severed elks leg there.
Which disproves my theory about there being no elk.
Apparently there are at certain times.
I hiked up to the meadow and nestled myself into what I think was oak brush and pinion junipers.
Didn’t see any deer but did get to watch some muley doe’s walk across the meadow within rifle range so that made it worthwhile to me.

Forgot to set an alarm this morning, jumped up when I realized it was almost daylight, grabbed my stuff, ran up the trail to the top of the little ridge where you could see into the meadow and sure af there were 3 bow hunter camped right smack dab in the center of it.
Public land I guess 🤷‍♂️
Trail hunting 🤷‍♂️
Decided to walk past them and try to sit there anyway but at about 7:30 one of them got up, walked over to the edge of the aspens and took a chit.
Packed up camp and called it a trip.
Colorado wins again.
Might not be cut out for this stuff.
Seriously thinking my future as a western big game hunter.
Might just bring a shotgun and hike and camp for grouse in the future.
Might look for a bear tag in a non otc elk unit. 🤷‍♂️

Not sure if you're a Bears fan, but you unfortunately missed the opportunity to post "Bear Dahn". Might be the only one of the season (them, not you).

I will never be able to unsee that..... why???? :oops:

seriously though, you're giving it a hard effort that's all a guy can do. just enjoy the experience and getting away from the rat race for a bit
Some of those trailheads are more of a rat race than my old Illinois home.
Maybe it’s just the areas I’m hunting 🤷‍♂️

“Well then, we’ll just enjoy nature” makes sense for someone who’s “lived” in Colorado for 6 months and gets a license for $62.72, but man, for $760.99 idk if I’d really be happy with that experience.
Good point

'We just drink our drinks and laugh out loud
Bitch about the weekend crowd
And try to ignore the elephant somehow
Somehow'

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething