Wtf am I trying to prove:Colorado bear 2023

Click the quoted attachment.
They’re camped in the most inconvenient and intrusive spot possible. Just seems so silly. Why wouldn’t they tuck into the left there, in the trees? Why would they be 40 yards off the main trail smack in the middle? Tell them not to throw their shit and chinet in the fire, pack in pack out caulksucker 😂

The last Colorado bear hunt I went on I saw a pretty nice bear jump out of somebody's dumpster at the end of their driveway and run off.

I was seriously going to ask permission to hunt over their dumpster - it was out of town, close to the BLM I was camped on. They had a big steel gate across their drive though, and I wasn't about to go walking up to somebody's private home 1/4 mile or more off the road.

As a somewhat hairy dude myself, I just use the Walmart cheapies. But I think if you get a bear, you should consider selling the hide to purchase this, and give us a full product review...if this can put a dent in that belly hair, I'm pretty sure it's one hell of a product. Screenshot_20230914-144538.png

“And the good lord knows the reason...”
View attachment 292272
I like to save my E. Abbey for when I’m on assignment, creating content for the forum.
I bought this one last season and haven’t touched it since.
The irony of reading the foreword of this book when he’s talking about the development and destruction of the canyon lands the night before you watch a dude take a chit on the edge of a pristine mountain meadow whilst on a hunt for the majestic Rocky Mountain black bear is absolutely hilarious.

And because I’m an honest man, to be fair to those lost souls from Denver hunting $62 tags camped out in the middle of prime time, I took a chit up there 2 days earlier. Lmao!
There’s 6 million rec hikers up there and 10 or those old Wisconsin beef sticks in conjunction with a chicken and dumplings mountain house gives you little time to think.

I’m definitely getting better at backpacking tho.
I’ve finally started to leave some of my fears behind and actually have extra room in my pack.

Old Wisconsin beef sticks are IMO the best bang for your buck when it comes to a quality sausage stick.
Don’t lean left and get the turkey.
Go for the real thing and get the beef. There’s really good paired with some everything seasoning cashew from city market 😋

Old Wisconsin beef sticks are IMO the best bang for your buck when it comes to a quality sausage stick.
Don’t lean left and get the turkey.
Go for the real thing and get the beef. There’s really good paired with some everything seasoning cashew from city market 😋
I get the pepperoni and pair it with a bagel and white cheddar cheese. Just got my order yesterday.

Last edited:
And because I’m an honest man, to be fair to those lost souls from Denver hunting $62 tags camped out in the middle of prime time, I took a chit up there 2 days earlier. Lmao!
There’s 6 million rec hikers up there and 10 or those old Wisconsin beef sticks in conjunction with a chicken and dumplings mountain house gives you little time to think.
I know exactly where you are hunting. Yep, you're in the wrong place. I have deer hunted that area a couples of times and had local day-hikers with dogs crawling all over the place. Surprised to see someone with a rifle and blaze orange passing them on the trails. Won't make that mistake again. Bear hunting is even worse at that locale for other reasons. And yes, I am from south of Denver but I know better than to camp in a location like that. Not all residents are that stupid. But with all due respect, CO is way more friendly to out of state hunters than any other western state so I have a hard time putting up with the whining when you have a tag in your pocket rather than a pile of preference points you will never be able to use.

I know exactly where you are hunting. Yep, you're in the wrong place. I have deer hunted that area a couples of times and had local day-hikers with dogs crawling all over the place. Surprised to see someone with a rifle and blaze orange passing them on the trails. Won't make that mistake again. Bear hunting is even worse at that locale for other reasons. And yes, I am from south of Denver but I know better than to camp in a location like that. Not all residents are that stupid. But with all due respect, CO is way more friendly to out of state hunters than any other western state so I have a hard time putting up with the whining when you have a tag in your pocket rather than a pile of preference points you will never be able to use.
PM him with a better area!!!

I want some good content that doesn't include belly hair!!🤣🤣

Hold up, did you creep my strava?
Is that how you know where I was.
Seriously, just follow me.

When I eat Mountain House, I need a lot of time to "think".

The best second-person sentence in HT history. Hands down.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back