First hand Covid symptoms

I got Covid for the first time 10 days ago and have run the gamut on symptoms. Lost taste and smell for only 1 day. Body aches, chills, fever, sore throat, headaches, stomach issues. The worst is I have lost my appetite. No desire to eat and when I force it I want to puke. Not fun. Have lost several pounds.

I hate to derail a 2 year old plandemic thread, but my son was just diagnosed with Scarlett fever…

Eff Covid I’m trippin out on this. My history books in high school said we had thought to have eradicated the Scarlett fever. Currently, Epidemiologists say “It’s been with us the whole time”, which is a “DUHHHH” statement now, obviously if it’s making a reappearance- starting in the UK and Australia in 2017-2018. It’s considered very rare and possibly fatal.

Funny enough, thanks to the modern treatment with antibiotics and anti histamine they’ve renamed it— with a Latin suffix quite noticeable in Spanish, meaning petite or small. What was Scarlett is now Scarrelito.
No one ever claimed scarlet fever was eradicated. It’s the same bacteria that causes strep throat. It can be fatal if left untreated, but that is exceedingly rare today.

My brother had it in High school. Antibiotics cleared it right up. We had great fun teasing him about it being some fungus he picked up at wrestling.

Hope your boy makes a quick recovery.

I guess this thread won’t die. My second time around. That’s what I get for leaving the bat cave.

View attachment 284403
FML.

Got a windstorm and the metal panels loaded on my roofing project are blowing all over creation. Had to chase a bunch down, restack them and weigh them down.
I'm absolutely gassed.

Got it for the first time ever 2 weeks ago. My three year record finally broken. I woke up with cold shivers and had what felt like allergies for about 2 days. Quarantined from the wife and kept her clear. No loss of taste or smell and seemed very mild. I smoke cigars, drink scotch and bourbon. Funny enough the night before I started getting symptoms I thought I was hungover, lol. Fully vaxxed and boosted. Came up negative 4 days later. I do have some brain fog, but lungs are fine and ready for hunting season.

Last years flu strain was an ass kicker. My wife had that in November of 2019 while I was away in Montana. We thought she may have had it then, but an antibody test confirmed that it was not Covid19. Asking around, several people in our circle seemed to have experienced the same thing. The logical explanation is influenza B.
Me 2. I was in the 2nd week of an Alaskan vacation and got very sick. Don’t know if I had covid but flew home anyway. In my mind it was just severe flu but who knows!
I have lost all trust in officialdom and question everything!

Last edited:
The yearly family beach vacation was turned upside down by it this year. Luckily I'm away for training and missed all the fun. About 20 of the 29 family members came down with it. Mom ended up in the hospital for 3 days with it.

Sister's family, daughter in law, and granddaughter all have it. 2 to 4 days in. Mild symptoms. Ages 1 to 55. Some vaxed, some not.

I remember when I got hit with COVID right before I left the Midwest. My symptoms weren’t as bad as most but enough to make me super tired all the time. Lost my taste too. Could finally eat my in-laws cooking at that point….. *badam-psss*

My wife though. She’s tougher than she lets on and has a tolerance of which I wish I had half of. When she’s sick or in pain, it’s a very big deal. When she had it she was bed ridden for a day. I had thought COVID was serious but overinflated by news media a lot until she got sick. I got humbled real quick that day.

Sister's family, daughter in law, and granddaughter all have it. 2 to 4 days in. Mild symptoms. Ages 1 to 55. Some vaxed, some not.
And...turns out my wife had it too. She didn't test positive until I was out of town. She didn't tell me while I was gone, because I was out on a four-day solo mountain bike and dirt bike adventure, which was awesome. I had no symptoms while on my trip, or she would have told me. I had a few symptoms a few days after I got home (fever, sleepy) but never tested positive. All are better now. Worst symptom was muscle ache for the girls, tiredness for the boys.

Last edited:
It's almost 2024.... the virus is pretty smart. It's "coming back" just in the nick of time to help steal the next you know what. Funny. I won't be complying with any of it
It's coming back because people are pigs. Won't wash their hands, cough all over everything, etc.

Not sure about the rest of your post, but I'm thinking your elevator comes up way short of the top floor.

Well I’ve lost all taste and smell. Very mild sinus symptoms the last 2 days. Bad headache yesterday that I figured was from sinus pressure. Felt fine today but noticed food was bland at dinner. My blood orange beer taste more like water. Sprayed my wife’s perfume and can’t smell it at all. Very strange cause one side of my nose is completely open. 99.1 fever first time I checked but 98.3 now?? Getting rapid test in the morning. Thoughts from those that have had it or been around people that have. Thanks a bunch.
I've had it 3 times (confirmed) and maybe even 4 times. I still don't have my sense of smell or taste back...this was last year. Coffee doesn't taste the same to me anymore and I've since quit drinking it. I just felt super lethargic...but I've had hangovers worse than the Vid.

It's coming back because people are pigs. Won't wash their hands, cough all over everything, etc.

Not sure about the rest of your post, but I'm thinking your elevator comes up way short of the top floor.
People weren't doing that before the "comeback"? All of a sudden it's back? That virus is very smart! Haven't heard boo about the Flu going around due to people "being pigs". Wake up...Get your 17th vaccine and you'll be fine.

People weren't doing that before the "comeback"? All of a sudden it's back? That virus is very smart! Haven't heard boo about the Flu going around due to people "being pigs". Wake up...Get your 17th vaccine and you'll be fine.
If you are hospitalized, say no to remdisivir. mtmuley
Exactly! Get some ivermectin and don’t worry about it! Why would anyone at this point with all the information out there get a jab? We all are going to die at some point. It matters where your going after this life…
So quit worrying and just live!

I always amazed at the number of people who use the bathroom at the grocery store or at Costco and never even think of washing their hands afterwards. It is quite literally sickening. 🤮

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back