First hand Covid symptoms

Based on the past 2 nights laying on the hotel shit house floor to avoid passing out and falling through the shower door in conjunction with the fever, shivers and shakes, I think I’m gonna take the paxlovid.
I started paxlovid after a night of chills and fever. Progressed through fever, headache, sinus blockage, sleeping 16 hr/day, more chills, metallic taste in mouth, bad joint pain esp. in back/neck, sneezing. Yesterday was 5th and last day of paxlovid. Feeling about 75% today. Metallic taste almost gone.

Anybody ever take any of that paxlovid?
Trying to decide if I should take it or just ride it out.
Told the doctor I wouldn’t take anything but ivermectin based on political beliefs, but he wasn’t having it.
I would do whatever the doctor said and not take advice from strangers on the internet without medical degrees. Sounds look you’re pretty sick. Hope you can shake it soon.

Based on the past 2 nights laying on the hotel shit house floor to avoid passing out and falling through the shower door in conjunction with the fever, shivers and shakes, I think I’m gonna take the paxlovid.
From what I’ve read there’s not much harm in taking paxlovid. The IVM works much better as soon as symptoms start. It sounds like you’re already quite sick.
I haven’t read the whole thread so I might have missed it but have you had a covid test? If not, perhaps you have RSV. I know two people that have had it recently and it’s rough.

Mine was weird last year.

Had on onset of a sore throat, went to the doctor to get a strep test and a prescription for a Z pack.

They tested for Strep and Covid and I came back positive for Covid and negative for Strep.

One night of shivers and a boat load of fatigue.

It was more like Mononucleosis rather than the standard Covid symptoms.

Not much of sneezing or coughing, no loss of taste or smell, no brain fog, etc.

Just sore throat and a boat load of fatigue.

Couldn't sleep enough

After 3 days, I was good as new; but had no idea if I was still contagious or not.

So, I wore a mask for a few additional days.

From what I’ve read there’s not much harm in taking paxlovid. The IVM works much better as soon as symptoms start. It sounds like you’re already quite sick.
I haven’t read the whole thread so I might have missed it but have you had a covid test? If not, perhaps you have RSV. I know two people that have had it recently and it’s rough.
Tested positive on a Walgreens test yesterday morning.
Completely joking about the ivermectin btw.
I just do whatever the doctor tells me.
Just took my first round of paxlovid.

Has anyone else had so much sinus pressure they can’t hear?
It’s like I’ve got noise cancelling headphones in.
…….advice worth what you paid for it…..

Muccinex (generic name is guaifenesin) thins out airway secretions (including sinuses and eustachian tubes). Can also reduce coughing according to their commercials.

Has anyone else had so much sinus pressure they can’t hear?
It’s like I’ve got noise cancelling headphones in.
Worth trying Sudafed. The real stuff that you have to get from the pharmacy counter. I think when I had Covid, it was more chest than sinus. But I had Influenza A a few months later with really bad sinus congestion. Nothing would completely clear it out but Sudafed at least made it bearable.

Worth trying Sudafed. The real stuff that you have to get from the pharmacy counter. I think when I had Covid, it was more chest than sinus. But I had Influenza A a few months later with really bad sinus congestion. Nothing would completely clear it out but Sudafed at least made it bearable.
Yes. Get this stuff. Get some DayQuil and NyQuil too (or a generic version of them). It’ll be nice to knock the cough and fever down when you want to try to sleep for a few.

@DouglasR fwiw no first hand experience but my cousin and BIL both had covid real bad they got the anytibody treatment and improved dramatically in 24 hours almost 100% in 48 hours. You have to find someplace that offers it though and I think you have to get it within x amount of days of contracting covid. Good luck.

I just had it earlier in February. It wasn't awful, but it kicked my butt for a while. I was a little skeptical about the idea that I should take an antiviral, as I'm not super high risk and I was doing ok, but my doctor recommended that I do it anyway, as apparently, they're finding that people who take them are less likely to have long-Covid symptoms. For what it's worth, I did start feeling better about the time I started taking the antiviral... I can't remember the name of the one I got, but it wasn't Paxlovid. Hope you feel better soon.

I’ve had 0 vaccines and caught Covid once. I lost the taste and smell; and it led my body to have an allergic reaction to a bee sting, which is ultra weird to me. Idk anyone that’s died or got even remotely close to death from Covid- although I have seen doctors prescribe oxygen to folks that were sick.

I hate to derail a 2 year old plandemic thread, but my son was just diagnosed with Scarlett fever…

Eff Covid I’m trippin out on this. My history books in high school said we had thought to have eradicated the Scarlett fever. Currently, Epidemiologists say “It’s been with us the whole time”, which is a “DUHHHH” statement now, obviously if it’s making a reappearance- starting in the UK and Australia in 2017-2018. It’s considered very rare and possibly fatal.

Funny enough, thanks to the modern treatment with antibiotics and anti histamine they’ve renamed it— with a Latin suffix quite noticeable in Spanish, meaning petite or small. What was Scarlett is now Scarrelito.

If you could go back would you take the paxlovid again?
Its one of those things where it's hard to tell if helped or not. If you take it and symptoms seem less severe glad you did. If you don't and symptoms are worse, wished you would have.

I errored on the side of taking it from advice from a doctor.

I did make sure that there was adequate supply of it so I wasn't taking it from someone that may have needed it more than I did.

I’ve had 0 vaccines and caught Covid once. I lost the taste and smell; and it led my body to have an allergic reaction to a bee sting, which is ultra weird to me. Idk anyone that’s died or got even remotely close to death from Covid- although I have seen doctors prescribe oxygen to folks that were sick.

I hate to derail a 2 year old plandemic thread, but my son was just diagnosed with Scarlett fever…

Eff Covid I’m trippin out on this. My history books in high school said we had thought to have eradicated the Scarlett fever. Currently, Epidemiologists say “It’s been with us the whole time”, which is a “DUHHHH” statement now, obviously if it’s making a reappearance- starting in the UK and Australia in 2017-2018. It’s considered very rare and possibly fatal.

Funny enough, thanks to the modern treatment with antibiotics and anti histamine they’ve renamed it— with a Latin suffix quite noticeable in Spanish, meaning petite or small. What was Scarlett is now Scarrelito.
Hope your son powers through that never heard of anyone having that. Crazy stuff. In 2020 during the covid craze my wife was extremely ill lost taste and smell. Tested negative at home went to Dr. Tested positive for swine flu. Doctor said it was impossible there were no cases in our county or surrounding counties that year. Retested the following day still tested positive for it. No idea what to make of that just random sidetrack info.

My FIL in currently hospitalized for a brain aneurysm.
He was moved from the ICU to acute care and picked up Covid from his roommate (who tested positive first and then was moved to the ICU).
He got really sick, really quick.
Due to his age and that fact that he only has around 70% lung function, they started him on IV Remdesivir.
After reading how the WHO basically said it didn't recommend giving it since studies showed it wasn't effective, I didn't expect much.
The turnaround in 36 hours was remarkable.
I have a hard time believing the immune system of a 75 yo guy just kicked it that fast without some help.

I hope you get feeling better soon.

Hope your son powers through that never heard of anyone having that. Crazy stuff. In 2020 during the covid craze my wife was extremely ill lost taste and smell. Tested negative at home went to Dr. Tested positive for swine flu. Doctor said it was impossible there were no cases in our county or surrounding counties that year. Retested the following day still tested positive for it. No idea what to make of that just random sidetrack info.
No 💯 that’s exactly it. It’s just absurd to me I’m still dumbfounded after the initial shock and upset. When he took his shirt off to get comfortable and I saw the rash I broke down in tears. Ive had hives recently and i can’t imagine the uncomfortable irritation he’s dealing with. I don’t want to get my stats wrong but I thought I read something like 2% of American children usually 5-15yo get it… how in the world does my kid get it?? I got strong immune system, ain’t never had no loose-neck babies in my family…. 🤣 (joke of course)

I stand corrected as well, it isn’t Scarrelito it’s scarlatina. Even more petite. Lol “ito” or “ino” is usually boys and “ita” or “ina” is usually girls….

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back