Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

COVID or the Flu?

However, states got federal money to deal with COVID so I wonder how much of the numbers is greed and how much is real.
There is likely some truth to that. My brother, who is medical, said it best, "Hospitals are businesses, too."

However, this tells me that there is something different with COVID...

I do. Seniors that get the flu are just as vulnerable as with COVID in that regard. Seniors that have flu sometimes develop very serious cases of pneumonia. Per capita wise the Spanish flu actually killed more nearly wiping out half of San Francisco. COVID has far greater numbers than flu otherwise and that is obvious. However, states got federal money to deal with COVID so I wonder how much of the numbers is greed and how much is real.
Influenza and pneumonia deaths

• Number of deaths: 49,783
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 15.2
  • Cause of death rank: 9
Source: National Vital Statistics System – Mortality Data (2019) via CDC WONDER

Influenza

• Number of deaths: 5,902
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 1.8

Great points WyoDoug, in your spirit of sticking to stats I did some digging. Here are some 2019 stats to consider.

Influenza and pneumonia deaths

• Number of deaths: 49,783
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 15.2
  • Cause of death rank: 9

Influenza

• Number of deaths: 5,902
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 1.8

We must also consider how far quality of living has come in the last +100 years. Check out this data on life expectancy. Statista We are so lucky to live when we do.

FYI, my opinion is that pharmaceutical companies are a problem for a boat load of reasons, but I’ll stick to the stats and focus.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back