First hand Covid symptoms

It's finally my turn.
Home test positive this morning. I've had zero energy all week, with muscle aches and headaches. Persistent sore throat, now sharp (but mild) lung pain.
Had icepick in the ear pain, but WebMD says that ain't a symptom. It is now...

I couldn't do my hike Friday, I just thought I had let myself get that out of shape over the holidays. Not saying I'm happy with a positive test, but it explains a lot.

Take it easy. I had very mild symptoms and thought I was in the clear 7 days after my positive. My lungs were not ready for moderate activity and that likely prolonged my recovery.

So to recap, first time I had it I was asymptomatic. Got it a second time 2 weeks after my third dose and had total loss of taste and smell and headaches with nasal congestion. Received my 4th dose of the bivalent and three weeks after contracted the vid again and was knocked flat on my ass with a 102* fever. Done with the vax.

So to recap, first time I had it I was asymptomatic. Got it a second time 2 weeks after my third dose and had total loss of taste and smell and headaches with nasal congestion. Received my 4th dose of the bivalent and three weeks after contracted the vid again and was knocked flat on my ass with a 102* fever. Done with the vax.
I am very sorry to hear that. And by the way, I used to live in and outside of Allentown for 51 years. I guess I am lucky because I have never had it, even before the vaccine. And I don’t wear a mask now and maybe I should because it’s a really bad flu and Covid season. But I did have that RSV virus for twelve days. I had a flu shot and every Covid shot available. There is pro and con as to how much those masks help, but personally I can’t breathe with one.

Might be worth your Doc review or a call to his/her nurse. My understanding is, pain in the lungs should be med evaluated.

Wish you a speedy recovery.
I second this. Pain in the lungs is generally a warning of something potentially serious and should be medically evaluated. EDIT: Once the mucus makes it into your lungs complications and pneumonia can develop rather quickly so do not let it go unchecked.

Last edited:
I am very sorry to hear that. And by the way, I used to live in and outside of Allentown for 51 years. I guess I am lucky because I have never had it, even before the vaccine. And I don’t wear a mask now and maybe I should because it’s a really bad flu and Covid season. But I did have that RSV virus for twelve days. I had a flu shot and every Covid shot available. There is pro and con as to how much those masks help, but personally I can’t breathe with one.
I remember there was a Corky on the fire department years back.

Well I’ve lost all taste and smell. Very mild sinus symptoms the last 2 days. Bad headache yesterday that I figured was from sinus pressure. Felt fine today but noticed food was bland at dinner. My blood orange beer taste more like water. Sprayed my wife’s perfume and can’t smell it at all. Very strange cause one side of my nose is completely open. 99.1 fever first time I checked but 98.3 now?? Getting rapid test in the morning. Thoughts from those that have had it or been around people that have. Thanks a bunch.
Had it 3x. Everytime was different and I'm one of the mobidity ppl. 62 yrs old, type 2 diabetic, overweight... Had light symptoms with 1, moderate with 3rd and severe with the 2nd. Think all were different strains.
All classic symptoms. except 1. Every muscle was painful to the touch through the bone on the bad one. Lasted 2 days like that. rest were classic.
Vitamins D, Zinc, C, Magnesium in super doses, research online. ALL will help. If ya start rattling in yer chest go to emergency room.
BTW NEVER vaxxed. Aint no Guinea pig...

Had it 3x. Everytime was different and I'm one of the mobidity ppl. 62 yrs old, type 2 diabetic, overweight... Had light symptoms with 1, moderate with 3rd and severe with the 2nd. Think all were different strains.
All classic symptoms. except 1. Every muscle was painful to the touch through the bone on the bad one. Lasted 2 days like that. rest were classic.
Vitamins D, Zinc, C, Magnesium in super doses, research online. ALL will help. If ya start rattling in yer chest go to emergency room.
BTW NEVER vaxxed. Aint no Guinea pig...
I posted this two years ago haha. Funny thing is I think I have the crap again. Sinus symptoms and taste definitely off. 14 people out at my work with it 22% of our workforce. Anyone lose taste and smell with the latest round?

I posted this two years ago haha. Funny thing is I think I have the crap again. Sinus symptoms and taste definitely off. 14 people out at my work with it 22% of our workforce. Anyone lose taste and smell with the latest round?
Yep I’ve got it. Ugh
D2D268A9-9AF4-4301-8EB9-75065148B022.jpeg

I caught it over the holidays. Ive been vaxed 4 times. Lots of head and chest congestion and really tired. I was running a fever off and on the first few days of infection. I usually get by on 7 to 8 hours of sleep but still need about 10 hours. Fatigue seems to be the last of the symptoms to leave.

I had it again a couple weeks ago. Worse than the first time, just tired and a sore throat. Got over it in about 5 days. At least my wife and I have both gotten it at the same times so we can at least spend some time together at home!

Good thing about a taste and smell-losing bout of COVID…….it’s a good time to drink all the shitty beer that friends and family have left off over the last few months.

Honestly surprised anyone would still test themselves for it at this point.

Honestly surprised anyone would still test themselves for it at this point.

High/higher risk folks can only avail themselves to the “approved” therapeutics if those meds are given within a few days of the onset of symptoms. Could be life saving to get tested if you are one of the more affected.

I have taken COVID tests after possible significant exposure, before any symptoms showed up due to my job situation (dentist) not wanting to be asymptomatic but a potential carrier. Even though I’m wearing all the protective gear, I’m leas than a foot away from lots of mouths/noses every day (and some of those places are as dank as you can imagine!)

COVID symptoms last Sunday negative Monday negative, Tuesday positive, Wednesday positive.

Paxlovid for 5 days.

Nasty cough, no fever, runny nose.

Yesterday leg pain blood clot in right leg, on the blood thinners.

Today part of blood clot moved to right lung. Few firsts for me, CT scan for one. First overnight stay in hospital. Hospital here is plugged full, so riding the meatwagon to Cheyenne.

I had original vaccine and one booster.

I'll be getting the new vaccine as soon as it's out.

I should have been killing an elk today, not dealing with this shit.
If you could go back would you take the paxlovid again?

Anybody ever take any of that paxlovid?
Trying to decide if I should take it or just ride it out.
Told the doctor I wouldn’t take anything but ivermectin based on political beliefs, but he wasn’t having it.
I took ivermectin after I got out of the hospital. After 2 doses of it, I was no longer on oxygen. Not sure if it was from the ivermectin or if everything had already ran its course, but I don't think it hurt me at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back