Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

First hand Covid symptoms

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but just a reminder that 90-95% “successful“ responses to the currently “emergency authorized” vaccine means that one in ten or one in twenty will not get a protective immune response from their body if exposed to the Sars2CoV virus. Full strength response is not found until thirty days after second doses.......at least that is current thinking. With this wiley virus, it is good at upending conventional wisdom.

I am 20 hours into second dose with a somewhat sore triceps and a bit of soreness in a couple of hot spot joints. And I’m gonna keep doing social distancing, hand to mouth sanitation and wear a mask when out and about.

At the risk of outing myself on my TV viewing habits, I share the following story.......

As the bride and groom walk down the gauntlet of friends and family after getting to meet each other for the first time ever at the altar (“Married at First Sight”) they are celebrated with a barrage of soap bubbles.

”Covid bubbles”, I said to Mrs kansasdad.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but just a reminder that 90-95% “successful“ responses to the currently “emergency authorized” vaccine means that one in ten or one in twenty will not get a protective immune response from their body if exposed to the Sars2CoV virus. Full strength response is not found until thirty days after second doses
I was informed the same. 94-95% success after 30 days from the 2nd.

And, I believe it may have been mentioned earlier, vaccination means one can still carry and pass Covid to others so it's not a free pass to open a kissing booth. Darn it!

Also the excitement over the current single dose Johnson & Johnson; it's efficacy is 66%. :( I was hoping a single dose would encourage more people to vaccinate. I'm sure in the future a single dose will emerge.

The big point is the need to be open and transparent about effects. The more open, the less panic and more self empowerment for those considering vaccination.

With any vaccine you can still carry and transmit. For a short time. Vaccine trains your body to kill the virus when it sees it. That's not instant and takes time. In that time you are still spreading it as you breath. Once killed by your body you can't spread it

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but just a reminder that 90-95% “successful“ responses to the currently “emergency authorized” vaccine means that one in ten or one in twenty will not get a protective immune response from their body if exposed to the Sars2CoV virus. Full strength response is not found until thirty days after second doses.......at least that is current thinking. With this wiley virus, it is good at upending conventional wisdom.

MMR vaccine after 2 Doses: 97% effective against measles, 88% effective against mumps

Chickenpox vaccine 82% effective

Small pox vaccine 95% effective

Polio 90% at 2 does, recomended 3-4 for 99% efficacy

Meningitis 85%

No vaccine is 100% effective it's literally impossible, vaccines rely on our immune systems. The success of a vaccination programs relies entirely on herd immunity, we are all getting the vaccine for each other not just to protect ourselves.

Also why men should get the HPV vaccine. ;)

MMR vaccine after 2 Doses: 97% effective against measles, 88% effective against mumps

Chickenpox vaccine 82% effective

Small pox vaccine 95% effective

Polio 90% at 2 does, recomended 3-4 for 99% efficacy

Meningitis 85%

No vaccine is 100% effective it's literally impossible, vaccines rely on our immune systems. The success of a vaccination programs relies entirely on herd immunity, we are all getting the vaccine for each other not just to protect ourselves.

Also why men should get the HPV vaccine. ;)
Its a numbers game if everyone gets an immunity above 60% covid19 will slow to and crawl. Above 80% and it will dam near dissappear.

Its a numbers game if everyone gets an immunity above 60% covid19 will slow to and crawl. Above 80% and it will dam near dissappear.
Anyone up to speed on the growing trend of mutations of Covid and how that plays into current Pfizer / Moderna vaccinations?

Here we go?

Fever coming on with headache. Beginnings of pain in my lungs. Sitting here wondering if this is real or imagined. If symptoms are there in the morning I guess I will go get the nose swab again.
Thoughts with you. Stay strong mentally.

Regarding blood pressure, yes I had to go from 180mg to 240mg Verapamil to stabilize after Covid.

25 years old, had Covid in April of last year. Presumably caught it at work (Paramedic). Just felt like a bad head cold for a few days and only ran a fever for less than 24 hours. Fortunately no lasting effects. Having seen first hand the effects the virus has done on folks I’ve had the opportunity to take care of on the ambulance (including several in my age group) had me in line very early for the vaccine. Some of the folks I’ve cared for with Covid have been among the sickest patients I’ve had the opportunity to treat in my 7 years of working EMS.

I got my first Moderna shot a week or two before Christmas and my second shortly after the new year. Just had a sore arm for a couple days after the first shot and no issue whatsoever with the second.

Stay safe and healthy out there everyone.

:LOL: It is the natural state of man.

I get my shot here in a week, and am running my own observational study with an n of 1. I will be poked at the Jefferson County Health Dept office, and upon leaving will immediately walk one block north the Mountain Good restaurant, where I will consume a chicken fried steak (picture of their offering below). There will be no side effects other than the vitality a CFS provides, and I will have shown America the protocol for weathering the storm of their second doses. Someone's gotta do it.

View attachment 172648

Time to eat my words.

Got my shot yesterday and engaged the protocol. Woke up this morning feeling like I got run over by a truck. Headache, muscle aches, chills.

Unto the Chicken Fried Steak Gods I say say Christ’s last earthly words, “Has Thou forsaken me?“

Reading some studies it looks like side effects typically don’t last more than a day, and either way I got some gravy out of the deal.

Time to eat my words.

Got my shot yesterday and engaged the protocol. Woke up this morning feeling like I got run over by a truck. Headache, muscle aches, chills.

Unto the Chicken Fried Steak Gods I say say Christ’s last earthly words, “Has Thou forsaken me?“

Reading some studies it looks like side effects typically don’t last more than a day, and either way I got some gravy out of the deal.
Yeah my wife was back to normal by the next day.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back