Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

First hand Covid symptoms

90 year old mom and her Golden Girls contingent had their first shot Tuesday, 2 days in slightly sore shoulders is all, one gal with the “sniffles”

I got COVID a couple weeks ago. The symptoms were worse than I expected. My gf lost her smell and taste for a few days and was sick off and on with some chest pains. I experienced symptoms the day she lost her smell. Went to bed with a fever that Monday night. Tuesday and Wednesday felt like a hangover. Thursday woke up and felt fragile, but overall ok. Took my dog to the woods for a short squirrel hunt. A little winded keeping up with her, but not bad. Friday at 0130 it came back with a vengeance. Fever and the worst diarrhea I've ever had. Saturday was just as bad if not worse, and finally Sunday started to get better. By Sunday I had lost 15lbs. Recovered Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and was ok by Thursday. Made another short squirrel hunt Thursday morning and my leg muscles were sore by the time I got home.

It's been a week since then. Overall weakened from the experience, but working to slowly build my strength and cardio back. Not that I had the greatest to start with, but just want to be in good enough shape to hunt comfortably. Today, I'm getting my first round of the vaccine through work.

If I got the antibodies the hard way, I think I’d hold off on the vaccine until antibody testing shows that my antibody levels are declining and that i would get some kind of benefit from the vaccine.

That’s what several nurses and a doctor I know are doing, but maybe they have access to testing that’s harder for the rest of us to get, idk.

If I got the antibodies the hard way, I think I’d hold off on the vaccine until antibody testing shows that my antibody levels are declining and that i would get some kind of benefit from the vaccine.

That’s what several nurses and a doctor I know are doing, but maybe they have access to testing that’s harder for the rest of us to get, idk.

I haven't looked into antibodies testing. Not sure if it's something that is easily accessible and/or worth the headache of monitoring. When I was first told we would soon have the vaccines available, which was before I got sick, I declined to receive it. Overall heathy and 29yo, and the one person who I'm really concerned about getting it had recently gotten the first round. I'd rather see it go to someone else. But the vaccines were specifically set aside for a few of us and we were highly recommended to get it now vs waiting no telling how many months.
While still probably rare I keep hearing of people getting it twice. Might as well go ahead and get the vaccine.

To clarify this is normal for you and not a side effect.

:LOL: It is the natural state of man.

I get my shot here in a week, and am running my own observational study with an n of 1. I will be poked at the Jefferson County Health Dept office, and upon leaving will immediately walk one block north the Mountain Good restaurant, where I will consume a chicken fried steak (picture of their offering below). There will be no side effects other than the vitality a CFS provides, and I will have shown America the protocol for weathering the storm of their second doses. Someone's gotta do it.

1612451261058.png

I get my shot here in a week, and am running my own observational study with an n of 1. I will be poked at the Jefferson County Health Dept office, and upon leaving will immediately walk one block north the Mountain Good restaurant, where I will consume a chicken fried steak (picture of their offering below). There will be no side effects other than the vitality a CFS provides, and I will have shown America the protocol for weathering the storm of their second doses. Someone's gotta do it.
Another episode of Nameless Range Against the Grain.

I'm hungry now. I am also diabetic, sticking a needle in me is everyday normal. I am going to get vaccinated but here in Vegas it is a bit of a sh*t show right now. I figure in 3 months or so when the supply of vaccine has stabilized I will make my appointment. Even with diabetes I am not even eligible for the vaccine yet. We young 55 year old's have to wait until 1st responders, 70+ year old and those with more privilege than I get theirs first. I figure 3 months is about right.

I'm not exactly super stoked about my second dose next week. I hate being sick, and haven't been for over a year.
If any consolation, last night I was still sore though felt as if the rough water was behind. This morning I'm good to go. It was short lived.
As @F250 experienced and others, it's apparently hit / miss.

Smooth sailing to ya.

View attachment 172648
Thanks for the inspiration to make real breakfast. Chicken fried lope steak was exactly what I needed today.

ED4D2743-041C-436D-B9EC-8F48976BDC67.jpeg

My folks got their 1st shot Tuesday. Talked with my mom and she said she never felt anything. They're both 81. Sounds like since I'm "essential" working for Caterpillar that the company is looking into having a shot clinic set up at work.

View attachment 172648
I used to live in Boulder. Graduated high school there in 83. My uncle and I built the addition on the Mountain Good back then. Does Barry still run the place? Best clam chowder soup I've ever had!

I used to live in Boulder. Graduated high school there in 83. My uncle and I built the addition on the Mountain Good back then. Does Barry still run the place? Best clam chowder soup I've ever had!

Ha! I graduated from there exactly 20 years after you.

Yes, Barry runs the place. Great food.

View attachment 172648
I want a signed copy of the chicken fried steak book that I know you will eventually write. Do you think you could make the pictures scratch and sniff?

I got my second vaccine this morning. The arm soreness is already setting in but no other side affects yet. Lots of people talking about getting adverse reactions on their second shot at the hospital when I got my vaccine, even the nurses administering them

I donated blood last month. They test for antibodies and told me there tests were not detecting antibodies 3+ months after someone had covid. It doesn't mean that your body can't fight it after 3 months, but whatever test the Red Cross uses wasn't detecting anything.

My daughter called me about 11 am this morning and tells me to get to a small town in an adjacent county and get in line to the county hospital parking lot. As the Lord's grace would have it I'm in that little town checking on a project we're finishing today....so I do as instructed and I'm out if there with my first Pfizer jab in 25 minutes. The best news is my wife hot rodded over and recieved her first also. God is good..and so are small town first line health care workers and volunteers.

Anyone having any blood pressure issues after COVID? I’m sure it’s probably not related but my bp is out of control here lately. I had a mild case of Covid in October but still don’t feel back to normal. I’ve been on bp meds for probably 6 years and it normally stays around 130/80 or so. It has been creeping up for the last month or so. I’ve doubled my dose and it’s still 160/105 or so. Going to the doctor in the morning to try to get it figured out. Very strange stuff.
A number of people report long-term complications after covid (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_COVID). I haven't read the medical research, but it can do all sorts of wacky things to your body, everything from brain fog to breathing issues to heart issues. Definitely talk to your doctor if you feel off, and especially since you have your BP readings showing that something isn't right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back