Eastmans trash talk

That camera and tripod he lugged around was huge. I often wonder how he was able to capture so much with out the modern filming conveniences. A pioneer no doubt.

What was the name of that video? I should try and find a copy sometime.

I wonder why Mike hasn't released some of those old vids on DVD?

Gordon Eastman was a class act.....I met him once when I lived in Bozeman.

Damn, You must be old!!!:W::hump::)

Sorry, had to throw hummer in there! Gordon made the best videos back in the day.
The Eastman boys all of them, can't read a script and make it sound real. That is all I have a problem with on there videos.
Money is the reason they hunt with guides now, kills on tape. Not having to get filming permitts, and using hunts guides give them. Cheaper to hunt on the outfitted property.
Sorry, the game has changed and it is true. Filming permits are a huge part of it.

I watch their show and subscribe to their magazine. Whether I'd do it the same way they have probably wouldn't matter to anybody.

But they have found a way to turn something they love into a successful business. I imagine turning a passion into a full time business could dim the adventure a bit and maybe that has something to do with the shortcuts. They've been successful regardless.

As long as they are not poaching I guess they are ok with me.Might not be the way I would do it being I could go on numerous OYO hunts for the price of one quality guided trip.

Damn, You must be old!!!:W::hump::)

Sorry, had to throw hummer in there! Gordon made the best videos back in the day.
The Eastman boys all of them, can't read a script and make it sound real. That is all I have a problem with on there videos.
Money is the reason they hunt with guides now, kills on tape. Not having to get filming permitts, and using hunts guides give them. Cheaper to hunt on the outfitted property.
Sorry, the game has changed and it is true. Filming permits are a huge part of it.

Yep, I am....but I'll bet I could walk your ass into the ground.......

OYOA is the best show on television. One of my favorites was when Randy was almost brought to tears over shooting an elk. I've been there. You literally kill yourself to the point of exhaustion and when you get one the hard way it feels like the greatest thing you have ever done. MT sheep show was unreal too. I get a kick out of Bart and him hunting too. If we met in the woods I'm sure they would be just like they are on the show. Thanks and keep it up guys!

I subscribe to Eastmans', but mainly because of it being a western hunting magazine.

But I cant help rolling my eye's at their TV show, especially with Mike. How many years has it been since he's been on a DIY, Public Land, the "Eastman way" hunt? Give me a break will ya!!!

Come down to Colorado and do a show in one of our OTC Elk units using the "Eastman Way" and lets see how you do bagging a big 6X6 LOL!!!!
:D

eastmans,,,oyoa,,,and solo hunter are my favorite shows,,,all are a bit different but concentrate on hunting out west.whether its "the eastmans way" or diy,oyoa style,to each there own.

Bonsai vs. BonZai vs. Banzai.....it is un-American to not point out spelling errors on a magazine cover.

But to give them credit, Gordon and even Mike were some of the first to film Western hunting. The magazine does have their name on it, and a number of well respected hunter/authors/tv hosts did get a start under their tutelage.

Some of the heartburn folks feel is that it seems at times that Eastrmans is taking credit for the way generations of hunters hunt in the West. "The Eastman way" grumbling is part of that. Yeah it gets old.

Got my subscription renewal in the mail last week. I'll resubscribe since the pictures are big and pretty and I can look at it with my 6 year old daughter and keep her attention. It is nice to occasionally recognize someone,

I think I found my favorite quotes and yes mhungerford, you are never going to live that down. :D

Greenhorn:
Some great folks at Eastmans, no doubt. But they put butt-plugs on their rifle barrels.

Moosie:
the Dick measuring contest

AZ402:
I call dibs on mhungerfords tape for this contest.

Last edited:
I don't understand the fuss about hunting with guides or on hunting ranches that aren't high fence operations. Hell, even a high fence operation would be fine if the acreage is large enough. I hunt nothing but private land.......my own, and my dog hunting club's along with the occasional plantation, I've never seen a pen raised deer, much less one that has been tied out for someone to shoot. To me, hunting, no matter how it's done, or what equipment is used (other than poaching), is hunting. Not everyone has access to public lands, and not everyone is able to walk great distances for a spot and stalk type of killing experience. I like being able to ride my 4-wheeler within short distances of my box blinds and tree stands, or down into the swamps when the dogs are let loose to run deer. I hunt practically every single day of deer season, but I seldom see a "monster" even by SC standards, and there are plenty of days on end when I don't even see a deer at all. It just appears that too many people have the idea that public land hunting is the absolute, only method of hunting that is truly hunting. I'd have to say that if that's all you have, then maybe that's why you feel that way. I'd also be willing to bet that those same folks, if provided a free hunt on any Texas ranch, or for that matter any ranch, would positively take advantage of that opportunity.........I know I would in a heartbeat!!!!!!

What too many people tend to forget is the amount of time and effort it takes for private landowners to develop their deer herds, as well as, the work involved in preventing poaching. To many of us, the costs involved in maintaining our private lands still don't hold a candle to the costs it would take to make the trip to an area such as what is available in the Western states, even for an oyo hunt. So maybe some folks need to stop and think about what makes each and everyone of us a bit different in the manner in which we hunt, rather than take an attitude against someone for doing their hunting a different way!

Maybe, the Eastmans are too busy with operating their business these days to concentrate solely on public land hunting, thus their dependency on hunting ranches. After all, everyone has to have an income of some sort, or none of us would be able to hunt at all.

Last edited:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back