Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Eastmans trash talk

174in

I hear alot of eastman badmouthing what is this all about?I am not standing behind them or against them just curious why they get bashed on here? Poaching,high fence hunting,or is it other reasons?

Probably because they are somewhat hypocritcal...they preach the no fences, public land, do it yourself stuff, but half their hunts these days are on the Hill Ranch or with Sizzlin whatever outfitters. Plus Big Mike likes 6" diggers.

I like their mag. I like to look at big, dead animals, shot by us. They are still one of the few shows on TV that hunts strictly western big game, albeit a lot of it is outfitted these days. They could use some time at Toastmasters as well.

Some great folks at Eastmans, no doubt. But they put butt-plugs on their rifle barrels.

Their magazine is a good product, and worth the twenty bucks a year.

The thing that really bothers me about their videos and what not, is their ability to continually talk down to their viewer. Mike and guy especially.

Big shooter didn't help their reputation around here any either...

I think the main beef with Eastman's is that they try to pass their show off as what OYOA really is.

Yeah, seriously....its the whole, "DIY, Public Land, blah blah" and basically all their chit is guided hunts on private ranches. unreal. Like said above, there are some great hunters workign at that place now, and really, they probably include Guy and Mike et al... but they aren't practicing what they preach!

I see so basically they started like the average person and then got big and decided to take the easy route.It sounds to me like most of you guys respect them but just like to crack jokes.I agree they do preach about OYO alot.The old films are great to watch back when they were in the NW Terr.

OK, folks, I have been a DIY hunter all my life, but due to increasing lack of public land opportunities I am considering a guide service. Finances are extremely restricted, but if I am going to get game, I am beginning to believe that a game ranch may be the only way. In western Washington state, land is scarce. Increasing target shooters during hunting seasons on public land scares me. Also, irresponsible shooters that leave old computer monitors, trash, and endless spent rounds, make the land owners not want to allow hunting. Also, and more to the point, Eastman TV is responsible for getting me interested in hunting at an early age. My uncle took me to an Eastman film event in Birmingham, Alabama, and I was hooked on the idea of an Alaskan hunt. It took me thirtyfive years, but it happened, and aside from thanking God for that carrabou, Eastman came next. If nothing else, Eastman TV instills the drive to hunt in our children, and gets us old duffers off our cans to take them!

Last edited:
Brew, is there a question in there? Your post seems a little random for this thread. Never hunted Washington, but there's guys on here who seem that have plenty of success out there. Maybe not in the western part of the state, but it looked like there were some nice deer taken in the eastern half.

I like Eastman's & proud of it! I also like On Your Own Adventures & proud of it! I like Predator Quest & proud of it! I like The CRUSH & Beyond the HUNT, DAM PROUD OF THAT!!! I also like a new show called The SOLO Hunter.

I think Randy & his crew have a great philosophy & brand. It relates to the average everyday guy that goes hunting out west, unlike any of the other shows. Honestly, we are all hunters & I get tired of the he said, she does & I don't like...

This year I was hunting State-Trust Land & Private Property that was not posted & got harassed by a so-called Outfitter. I called him on it & it almost ended up with me dropping my elbow in his old %@#! I called the Unit Manager & turned him in for hunter harassment. Bottom line is I don't hate all outfitters or guides for making an honest living...

When’s the last time you walked into another hunters camp with your hand open? Many folks just give me dirty looks, like I just did something to their children. It's getting ridiculous...

Last edited:
They do a good show, and I like there magazine, the only thing thats misleading to me is when they hunt Wyoming BACK COUNTRY, is that the do it yourselfers cannot do the hunt there on because it in wilderness areas and you have to have a guide or live in Wyoming like they do to do that hunt. Yes Hill ranch I'll probably never afford either.

I think OYOA is the Best Hunting Show on TV today, but Bashing another show is not the way to go. I am reading where several people here are talking about The Eastmans hunting show being filmed on private ranches. Prove it. I worked in the legal world for a while and one thing I learned was,"Its not what you know, but what you can prove." I am yet to see anyone showing they can proved this. Rumors hurt business and reputations in a New York Minute and it takes years to get back what should have never been taken away to begin with. I do not mean to bash anyone here, but please show the same respect to others as you expect from them.

There is good and bad about anyone and everyone. They boast NO FENCES ! I think they do stick to their guns on that. Sure, they hunt private land but most of us have done that. Even the guys here on the "Pedistals". Most of us have paid for or work for some farmer or block land management to gain access that others might not have. These guys do it on a larger level because the Cashflow is different. We're all at different levels. I know Buzz and others will come in and say we shouldn't have to pay one cent to hunt ground. That's true. But if you have the money, why not ?

I'm sure there are guys here that would hunt the Eastman Boys to death if they went toe to toe with them in an open unit. But besides the Dick measuring contest on the money and all, they still put out a good magazine and are very successfull at what they do. Any time someone has that success they are hit with the negative aspect as well. Mossback will get the same Ball Busting and maybe for some good reasons, But they are Great at what they do.

Just some Moosie Rambling, Carry on with the Bashing :D

I think OYOA is the Best Hunting Show on TV today, but Bashing another show is not the way to go. I am reading where several people here are talking about The Eastmans hunting show being filmed on private ranches. Prove it. I worked in the legal world for a while and one thing I learned was,"Its not what you know, but what you can prove." I am yet to see anyone showing they can proved this. Rumors hurt business and reputations in a New York Minute and it takes years to get back what should have never been taken away to begin with. I do not mean to bash anyone here, but please show the same respect to others as you expect from them.

Have you actually watched their show?

They have hunted with at least 4 outfitters that I can think of off the top of my head, and have used each of them multiple times.

Bucks and Bulls Outfitters - Utah
Muddy Creek Outfitters - Wyoming (where most of their big Wyo bucks have come from, starting back in the Mule Deer Stalker days)
Sizzling S Outfitters - Montana (where they shoot their Montana bucks and take their hunt winners)
Rawhide Creek Ranches - MT and Wyo

You should really look into this stuff a little more before you go off on a public forum because someone will always call you on it.

And how do I know all of that stuff? I watch their hunting DVDs and I enjoy them...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back