MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Eastmans trash talk

. I am reading where several people here are talking about The Eastmans hunting show being filmed on private ranches. Prove it. .

Have you ever read the magazine, or watched the show? They usually don't try very hard to hide the fact that SOME of thier hunts are in fact taking place on private ranches. Take a look at the "Hunt Winner" cover article in the most recent issue. The guy that won even talks about meeting the owner of the Hill Ranch, and what a great place it is............ There isn't much left to prove..... They hunt private ranches.... but in my oppinion that don't make them bad folks. Heck I hunt private whenever I am lucky enough to.

That said I do like the OYOA message and there dedication to sticking to that message more that the Eastman's. Seems to me like Randy hunts much more like I do, and that is what has me so interested in his show and this site.

Elkwhisper

I don't think most people have a problem with Eastmans shooting animals on private land.

My problem with them, and I think others would agree, is that they shoot animals on private land and then try to convince you that they are playing the same game as the public land guys. They don't try and cover up their private land hunting completely and I can't remember them ever saying they were on public land when they weren't, but when they kill something good they act like they pulled a rabbit out of a hat when really they just pulled it out of some rancher's pasture.

I think OYOA is the Best Hunting Show on TV today, but Bashing another show is not the way to go. I am reading where several people here are talking about The Eastmans hunting show being filmed on private ranches. Prove it. I worked in the legal world for a while and one thing I learned was,"Its not what you know, but what you can prove." I am yet to see anyone showing they can proved this. Rumors hurt business and reputations in a New York Minute and it takes years to get back what should have never been taken away to begin with. I do not mean to bash anyone here, but please show the same respect to others as you expect from them.

Prove it? Really? They specifically say exactly where they were in some of their shows.....
Oh, and if its really necessary, read the cover story on the most recent Eastmans hunting magazine, "We arrived at the lodge around noon and they had lunch ready for us. While eating, I met Bobby Hill, the owner of the Hill Ranch"..........

That sounds like a real hardcore Do it yourself hunt in the backcountry, the eastman way:):)

Not to take away from the guys hunt, at least he had a good time!

:D
Prove it? Really? They specifically say exactly where they were in some of their shows.....
Oh, and if its really necessary, read the cover story on the most recent Eastmans hunting magazine, "We arrived at the lodge around noon and they had lunch ready for us. While eating, I met Bobby Hill, the owner of the Hill Ranch"..........

That sounds like a real hardcore Do it yourself hunt in the backcountry, the eastman way:):)

Not to take away from the guys hunt, at least he had a good time!

Ha Ha Ha! Nice comments TCG, looks like great minds think alike!

Haven't read it:) Just saw that it came recently and is still sitting on my desk......

I read the magazine sometimes though, i really just like looking at pictures:)

Time to shut this tread

It has been said" wrong to put somebody down so someone will look good " The guys who put one company down to ratchet up another should be ashamed!!!!

If you don't want the opinion or answer to the question don't ask. People are just giving there opinion of the question. I like the mag articles but they should practice what they preach. LIL

They do hunt private land...

Hell, I would if I had some good friends or a little bigger wallet. We all know that killing a big old buck on public land, on a general hunt is the hardest & most rewarding way to do it.

Randy, I did like to see you using a Motel the other day while in Wyoming. Hunting in style!!!

New guy here...got a question. Isnt Eastmans show and magazine suposed to be about locating trophs on public land? Same thing as a magazine called Huntin Fool? I have been hunting now for about 3 years, finally got smart and got divorced. Nice show OYOA...Scott

It has been said" wrong to put somebody down so someone will look good " The guys who put one company down to ratchet up another should be ashamed!!!!

They are putting Eastmans magazine down to make someone else look good. I've heard no mention of another Magazine. Eastmans has been trashed talked before OYOA owned this site. I think people are laying out their opinion, not using it to "ratchet up" anything. Although I like the Magazine, and most do, there are some people that feel there is a misleading in the book cover.

Time to shut this tread

Why would you want to shut this "tread" down? 174 asked a question to get ideas on why people had negative comments about Eastmans. If you don't like the answers, point out what great things Eastman's crew does.

Who is trying to "ratchet" somebody up at Eastman's expense?

I thought I was the only one who had a problem with the Eastman's talking about DIY hunts and then having Wendell Fraughton take them to the aspen stand holding the big buck and Mike and Guy acting like they the the smartest mule deer hunters on the planet. I like what they have tried to do for western hunting but I think this site is the only one doing it right now.

I thought I was the only one who had a problem with the Eastman's talking about DIY hunts and then having Wendell Fraughton take them to the aspen stand holding the big buck and Mike and Guy acting like they the the smartest mule deer hunters on the planet.

Exactly.
I like the mag.. like the TV show, most of the time.. but don't act like you are God's Gift to the hardcore, DIY, public land hunter, when you are shooting 190" bucks on private land out of the pickup.

I'll continue to subscribe, but could do without the hypocrosy.

I got the mag sub and it does have some good info in the back.As far as hunting private land or public I do both but dont pay to hunt private.For the 4 hunting trips I have been on out of state they have all been OYO public land.Now around home I am even starting to hunt more public ground than before so I can learn it,as I know the little chunk of private I hunt now will be gone in the near future.I give credit to any hunter that hunts fair chase animals private or public.

Mission Statement

Eastmans' Publishing, Inc. is a multimedia corporation whose roots are grounded in the ethics of fair chase hunting. We strive to help our audiences become more skilled and ethical hunters, while expanding their knowledge, appreciation, and awareness of the outdoors and wildlife through entertainment media.

This is their mission statement as of now. Seems worthy too me. I believe it has changed some over the years and that is what is bugging people now. They don't mention anything about DYI or outfitters now when that probably was a big part of what they did early on.

Like Moosie said earlier many on here have and do hunt private and public land. Many have friends or have "earned" the right through door knocking or extra work to hunt that ground. There's nothing wrong with that and frankly I think your a fool if you don't try to get permission at times. Hopefully this site doesn't get so Holier than thou that someone is afraid to post their hunt that might of been on some private or even guided for that matter. ( Can't hunt Dall sheep in Alaska w/out one, unless your Dink or me or the lucky suckers who live there:D). OYOA seems to spread the message that you can actually have a good hunt without an outfitter and without spending a small fortune with the right planning and some luck. Lots of the Machos on this site have knocked down nice antelope, elk,deer and other animals on private land that they have gained permission to do so on or pass through and that's great. I do agree that most of the shows seem to portray the hosts as some sort of Gift to hunting and that bugs me because their are plenty around that could hunt circles around them. Hopefully Randy never adopts the motto of "Randy's way":) I know he wouldn't and that's not his angle in life.
Ok carry on the bantering:D

Eastmans sell magazines and videos about hunting...may have started being about public land and DIY, but its changed.

The part thats tough for me to understand with them is how Guy can write an extensive article about how bad it is for the sport and the average guy for Montana to sell a Governors sheep tag...all the while leasing private land for exclusive use and going on guided hunts.

Really?

I have hunted private land in the past, and every now and then I hunt block management in MT or Access Yes land in Wyoming. Last year was the first time in 11 years I've hunted private...and it was for a cow elk. Should I be hunting private more? Probably, but there are good reasons not to.

The main reason I shy away from private is that I dont like the idea of paying for the right to hunt a state owned animal, most charge. Secondly, even if you gain access, it can be denied in a heart-beat. The great thing about public land...you will most likely always have access to it. You are free to scout it, hunt it, learn it and shoot whatever you choose to...the only limit is the amount of time and energy you personally invest.

Its normally tougher to find top quality animals on public land...but never hard to find a quality experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back