Don't ask/ don't tell....

Falls into the "Who really cares" category.

I really couldn't give a damn. As much as I don't understand that lifestyle and get sick of the continual Hollywood promotion of such, if that is what someone wants to do, that is their business, not mine.

If it doesn't affect their ability to serve, I see no problem with it.

And, if Congress doesn't have more important things to do than worry about non-issues such as this, we are headed further and faster down the same path we have been on for the last 50 years.

I am a socially conservative guy, somewhere right of the John Birch Society, but issues such as this, abortion, and the million other things the politicians would rather fight about, really have no business being legislated.

This country and the states have a hell of a lot more important things to worry about that directly affect the future for the young people in this country.

I suspect the change of party power in the November election will just be a green light for one group to jump on all the feel good social issues they love to talk about, and social engineering fights will be more reason for them to ignore the more important work of the economy and out of control spending.

But, what do I know? :confused:

I think some straight guys will be pissed because they used that excuse to get out of the millitary ;)

I believe 100% on what the heck are they spending all this time and money on this for. There is better things to figure out (and waste money and time on).

But Ahhhhhhh, let's have a group hug now :rolleyes:

A friend who returned from Iraq stated a person in their company was "gay" and everyone knew it... It didn't bother them - especially after the guy got them out of an ambush laying heavy cover fire from his exposed location while the ones in harm were able to get to cover. Then they did the same to get him to safe(r) cover. I can only go by his account and he said it did not and does not effect the troops.
Where my line is a bit faded on thoughts ~ the "definition" of marriage.

Don't agree with that "lifestyle" though if an "American" wants to serve his/her country by placing his/her life on the line for our liberties - It is not an issue for me - More power to them. Thank you for your service. It is childish to play this - "I see you, I know you... but I will not ask and you will not tell me..."

Falls into the "Who really cares" category.

I am a socially conservative guy, somewhere right of the John Birch Society

I am a "bigger" Fin Fan than ever...:hump:

And don't worry Moosie... we won't tell:D

Factoid: the anus is an exit.. not an entrance.

Having been in the military in SE Asia, I could care less about a person's proclivities as long as they didn't come on to me, but just did their job like they were supposed to. End of story.

well there goes the neighborhood........

the way I see it, is what you do is your business. Should people loose jobs for being gay? NO. but man, can't people just keep quiet about thier personal lives.

There were gays who served with me in VN and everyone knew they were. It didn't matter. What did matter was if you could count on them and if they knew their shit. It is wrong as far as I am concerned...but they have the freedom to be wrong and to serve.

Seriously guys, It's one thing to disagree, but enough with the bad puns already. ;)

Haha! :D I swear, if there was a television show called, meh.... "Gutter wit Challenge" I do not think anyone would ever touch your trophy... NOT your junk... your trophy. ;)

Wit:
a. The ability to perceive and express in an ingeniously humorous manner the relationship between seemingly incongruous or disparate things.

I think Moosie is trying to say that sexual orientation is moot as long as they are covering his ass.

Wit:
a. The ability to perceive and express in an ingeniously humorous manner the relationship between seemingly incongruous or disparate things.

Dude, I don't understand big words...like "to".... I just make funny jokes !!!! :D

I agree with fin, the guys in Washington have a lot better things to worry about than this. On a another note, I have seen politicians on state and city levels doing even more waste of time such as recently Jim Morrison (doors rock band) got a pardon. He is dead, what a waste of time. I also saw this past summer one state was talking about some appeal for a major league picture who's no hitter was flubbed over a bad call or something like that and they were going to do legislation to make his perfect game awarded. Talk about a waste of time! Heads should roll over this crap.

It doesn't matter, doesn't affect a man/womans service and doesn't hurt the mission......now suppose I do get social security in thirty years.....what kind of coooool hunting gear will be out that i'll need to spend my retirement on?

I don't really care nor do I think that it matters . The only time it will piss the guys off i serve with will be when they act on it in front of them etc. ie, "wow that guy is hot. etc. however, I don't think that most of them will do that.

Seriously guys, It's one thing to disagree, but enough with the bad puns already. ;)

Duude! Are you saying that you would run from VN all the way to the Owyhees if some guy came on to you on a flight line in the middle of night instead of ignoring it so you could do you job and keep somebody from killed? Please tell me you wouldn't:(

23 yrs in the Corps....Can they shoot back, straight, when 'I' am getting shot at ? Then who gives a F" !

Having been in the military in SE Asia, I could care less about a person's proclivities as long as they didn't come on to me, but just did their job like they were supposed to. End of story.

I'm with you on that. Actually I was more concerned about that damned lesser cobra which kept popping his head up through the slats in the floor when things quieted down!

Back