COVID-19 Links, facts and discussion. Politics and hyperbole welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not going to peak in a few days. Are you truly that naive? 30 States arent doing anything. America still isn't taking this seriously
We should know pretty soon if Dr. Frank knows his stuff or if he's full of it. I have faith in his work. I'm truly sorry how this has affected your family and hope they are doing better. Prayers

View attachment 133078
Hopefully he is right and our country peaks in a couple days and we start to see a sharp decline next week.

I really wish you could realize this guy is a mathematician that has his head up his backside.

I will try to point you in a better direction with the site I have been watching.

Scroll down the site until you see the cases and the deaths. There is both a linear scale and a logarithmic scale. Click on the logarithmic scale for each.

You will be able to see a fairly straight line sloping upward from left to right. It will show you how quickly the numbers are increasing by an order of magnitude. It only took the last 8 days for deaths to go from 100 to a 1000. Look at the slope, it is not beginning to turn for deaths,, maybe slightly bending for cases, or not.

If we can agree that the deaths lag the new cases by a couple of weeks, you can assume deaths will grow logarithmically for a couple of weeks.

So here is my best guess. That by Easter Sunday there will be between 75 thousand and 125 thousand dead from the coronavirus.

Hope I'm wrong. But I'm certain I'm closer than the guy you insist on following.

I really wish you could realize this guy is a mathematician that has his head up his backside.

I will try to point you in a better direction with the site I have been watching.

Scroll down the site until you see the cases and the deaths. There is both a linear scale and a logarithmic scale. Click on the logarithmic scale for each.

You will be able to see a fairly straight line sloping upward from left to right. It will show you how quickly the numbers are increasing by an order of magnitude. It only took the last 8 days for deaths to go from 100 to a 1000. Look at the slope, it is not beginning to turn for deaths,, maybe slightly bending for cases, or not.

If we can agree that the deaths lag the new cases by a couple of weeks, you can assume deaths will grow logarithmically for a couple of weeks.

So here is my best guess. That by Easter Sunday there will be between 75 thousand and 125 thousand dead from the coronavirus.

Hope I'm wrong. But I'm certain I'm closer than the guy you insist on following.

World wide or in the US?

You think the US will have between 75,000 and 125,000 corona deaths by Easter? And you think your prediction will be closer than Dr. Frank's prediction of roughly 3,000 deaths? I'll bet you $10 Dr. Frank is closer and give you 10 to 1 odds.

I don't want or need your money. We're half way to his total,,,you can't think we turning a corner.

I don't want or need your money. We're half way to his total,,,you can't think we turning a corner.
I'm sorry, as I've said before that was in very poor taste. Feel free to delete the quote. But yes, on a bell curve the highest numbers are generally at the peak and then it falls sharply back the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back