Controversial Recipe Ingredients

I am assuming you and your cardiologist are on a first name basis?

I want to write a smarmy response to this, but genuinely do not want to tempt the universe into making a jinx out of me. I can see the headline now: "Man Posts About Dipping Funyuns In Butter On a Hunting Forum. Dies of Heart Attack One Week Later."

I wouldn't call it controversial, but I believe adding canned meat that is often a product of a different continent to any sort of quick noodle dish makes it better.

Corned Beef Hash in macaroni and cheese.

1617197450706.png

Vienna Sausages in Ramen

1617197465130.png

Beanie Weenies in Ramen

1617197493353.png

I also believe that cutting something into the shape of a heart makes it healthier

1617197593401.png

I want to write a smarmy response to this, but genuinely do not want to tempt the universe into making a jinx out of me. I can see the headline now: "Man Posts About Dipping Funyuns In Butter On a Hunting Forum. Dies of Heart Attack One Week Later."

I wouldn't call it controversial, but I believe adding canned meat that is often a product of a different continent to any sort of quick noodle dish makes it better.

View attachment 179013

Vienna Sausages in Ramen

View attachment 179014

Beanie Weenies in Ramen

View attachment 179015

I also believe that cutting something into the shape of a heart makes it healthier

View attachment 179016
FINALLY...I've been waiting almost a week for this response!

@Nameless Range just brought up corned beef hash mac and cheese which made me realize i forgot to bring up mac and cheese with diced, fresh roasted, and butter sautéed green chiles - it's almost better than green chile and pepperoni pizza

you know something that sucks though? somoas girl scout cookies. really anything with shredded packaged coconut on it is ruined.

View attachment 179013

Vienna Sausages in Ramen

View attachment 179014

Beanie Weenies in Ramen

View attachment 179015

View attachment 179016

Cut up hotdogs in mac n cheese is nothing but AWSOME

Pineapple on pizza...yes especially if there are jalapenos too

Corn in chili...No for some reason I don't want it mucking up my chili
I agree only pineapple has to be dried. And helps to pair with pork something. Canned or fresh is no good. And corn in chili is not chill it is soup. For my wife it is potatoes in bean soup. It is the biggest no no. I put two in the last batch just for fun.

deep fried chicken gizzards and livers are guilty pleasures that aren't readily available in SW MT.

Checking Montana off the destination list.....
Not the biggest fan of liver, but on road trips my stopping points are aimed at gas stations I can get fried chicken gizzards.

I am firmly against adding beans to chilli. Now I get it, there are lean times in life where people have to make a meal stretch. However I have no problem keeping my freezer stocked with ground meat therefor I am a rich man. As a rich man I will not skinny out on chilli by supplementing meat with beans. Now my future wife on the other hand cooked a chilli when we had friends over a few weeks ago. My buddy looked in the pot and asked if we were having red beans for supper 🤦‍♂️

And if you think people can argue about mixing the wrong ingredients you should see what happens when you put a bunch of cajun women in the kitchen together. I've seen an argument take place over someone stirring the pot the wrong direction.

Can't think of any food except pies, cakes and cookies that couldn't be improved with onion! 😀
I like garlic so well, I've been trying to "invent" garlic ice cream.
Went to a church social once.
The host was having home made ice cream for dessert....BUT....you had to guess the flavor.
It was pink and everybody was guessing raspberry, strawberry, etc, etc.
Nobody guessed it.
The stuff was delicious!
It was "tomato" ice cream!

Can't think of any food except pies, cakes and cookies that couldn't be improved with onion! 😀
I like garlic so well, I've been trying to "invent" garlic ice cream.
Went to a church social once.
The host was having home made ice cream for dessert....BUT....you had to guess the flavor.
It was pink and everybody was guessing raspberry, strawberry, etc, etc.
Nobody guessed it.
The stuff was delicious!
It was "tomato" ice cream!
Can relate in that I honestly enjoyed a Sage ice cream in a waffle cone at some ice cream place in the Rapid City, SD area.

I agree only pineapple has to be dried. And helps to pair with pork something. Canned or fresh is no good. And corn in chili is not chill it is soup. For my wife it is potatoes in bean soup. It is the biggest no no. I put two in the last batch just for fun.
LOVE fresh pineapple! About 3 bites and my tongue is raw for a week! I just can't handle the acid.
Pineapple on a pizza is like putting ketchup on your ice cream! 😖!

Raw oysters!
A little red sauce and a cracker so you'll have something to chew! LOL!

Used to eat raw oysters every chance I got.
About 30 years ago, there was a lot of talk about not eating oysters from these waters, that bay, those areas, so I got a little spooked about eating them. I haven't eaten any for quite sometime.

There was a time, over 100 (+/-) miles inland and you DID NOT eat seafood!
Terribly unpukka old chap!
Just not done!
With improvements in refrigeration and transportation, things have improved.
But I'm still a bit leery about "fresh seafood" in Oklahoma City! LOL!

Checking Montana off the destination list.....
Not the biggest fan of liver, but on road trips my stopping points are aimed at gas stations I can get fried chicken gizzards.

The Chicken Coop in Seeley Lake MT has some of the best gizzards - my dinner of choice whenever we stop in.

The Chicken Coop in Seeley Lake MT has some of the best gizzards - my dinner of choice whenever we stop in.
LMBO!
Ever have any Louisiana "Dirty Rice"?
It's a combination of chicken hearts, livers and gizzards that have been chopped up pretty fine, spiced up and cooked with rice.
Done properly, its heavenly, tasty and spicy.

My yankee uncle (Illinois) was a vet. The last few years of his working life he was a USDA meat inspector for the gummint.
They sent him to Louisiana to keep an eye on a chicken processing plant.
Making his rounds one day, he opened up a big cooking kettle, looked at the mess inside and asked, "What's that?".
"I'm making Louisiana Dirty Rice!" and explained what it was.
Shocked, my uncle declared, "Not while I'm on duty!" and made them dump the vat! LOL!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back