Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Controversial Recipe Ingredients

Y'all talking booze an I'm thinking cottage cheese and peaches I have a super strong gut can put most things down without but a belly grumble. But one thing I tell ya that will get me everytime just speed walk outta the kitchen is when the wife make her cottage cheese and peaches nonsense. Half bowl of sour chunky milk and just slam some nasty peaches in syrup on the top 🤮 That's my wife and I love the hell out of her even after that .

Not sure it controversial but most people here throw them back. Pickerel. We love pickling them with onions, carrots and jalapenos. I just get a kick from how the bones disintegrate. We also started filleting and frying them up. That is some tasty and flaky meat. Secret is to pull them out of cold water though.

I take it there are no Surströmming fans in this thread?

We could setup a Surströmming challenge for HT.

Is a beanless chili even called Chili or hamburger soup?

I am unsure there is any other way to cook meat than to leave pink in the middle..
Here in Tejas, if you want beans in your chili, cook 'em on the side and help yourself. But don't be surprised when REAL chili folks look 😳😜😠 at you funny! LOL!

Waitress to Texas: "How would you like your steak cooked?"
Texan to waitress: "Knock off his horns, wipe his a$$ and bring him out here, ma'am!"

Any recipe with fennel I leave that out. That stuff is garbage lol
I have a sausage recipe that calls for fennel seed. Venison pepperoni if I remember correctly. Good stuff, Maynard!
But I can't recall that I've ever experienced fennel itself.

Tomato soup is a no go. Can't do it. I'll eat every other form of tomato but not souped.

Give me pickled herring on crackers and a tall glass of sweet tea all day. Throw in a bowl of boiled peanuts on side.

Y'all talking booze an I'm thinking cottage cheese and peaches I have a super strong gut can put most things down without but a belly grumble. But one thing I tell ya that will get me everytime just speed walk outta the kitchen is when the wife make her cottage cheese and peaches nonsense. Half bowl of sour chunky milk and just slam some nasty peaches in syrup on the top 🤮 That's my wife and I love the hell out of her even after that .
That is because that is not actual food and is from 1955. You should pass on that. LOL

Last edited:
Man, seems like everybody here hates olives, you guys are nuts. I wont touch a salad or a pizza without olives. I can just sit and eat a can straight. I actually buy jars of dried olives that still have the pits in them, theyre awesome.
Olives are great, but canned, black olives add nothing of value to me. kalamata or other varieties with some flavor a big yes.

Here in Tejas, if you want beans in your chili, cook 'em on the side and help yourself. But don't be surprised when REAL chili folks look 😳😜😠 at you funny! LOL!

Waitress to Texas: "How would you like your steak cooked?"
Texan to waitress: "Knock off his horns, wipe his a$$ and bring him out here, ma'am!"
Agree, beans do not belong in real red chili. And must be the Texas roots talking for me. And I love beans. However, when making my texas chili it is cubed, not ground meat and ZERO tomato product.

That said when I get off my high chili horse and am premaking chili for hunt camp I grimace and toss in beans sometime cuz it is all about added nutrients and not the perfect bowl of chili in that situation.

it's on the papa john's specials menu in colorado. don't know about other states. but many a pizza joint have this on the menu round here. and if they don't, probably shouldn't buy pizza from them 😁

505 hatch jarred green chile though? .... bleh

Jarred hatch chopped green chiles are better than no chilies. We keep a few bushels of fresh roasted greens in the freezer and make pepperoni and green chile pizza often at home. Kind of a staple in our house a video of a recent one below, but might be salami instead of pepperoni. For folks addicted to but far removed from roasted green chiles, have notice Costco (in Colo anyway) has large frozen vac bags of them that look good.

Jarred hatch chopped green chiles are better than no chilies. We keep a few bushels of fresh roasted greens in the freezer and make pepperoni and green chile pizza often at home. Kind of a staple in our house a video of a fecent one below, but might be salami instead of pepperoni. For folks addicted to but far removed from roated green chiles, have notice Costco (in Colo anyway) has large frozen vac bags of them that look good.

nothing inherently wrong with jarred hatch at all! i have a few brands of jarred green chile where if i pop em open with a bag of chips the whole jar is gone in 15 minutes. then spend all night with gurgley intestines instead of sleeping.

505 hatch from the jar though? still bleh. just of all the brands and options in a place like colorado one should not be buying hatch 505 green chile. IMO at least

as far as pizza goes i find most jarred brands are too moist for pizza, either gotta simmer them down on the stove or use fresh roasted and sauteed green chile so you don't over-goop the pizza

in my experience every road side roasting tent is legit, can't go wrong.

back to your pizza though, all i can say is:

Last edited:
I like darn near everything mentioned here except the IPAs, can't drink that stuff. The one thing I can't stomach is yogurt. I Just will not eat rotten milk.

I like darn near everything mentioned here except the IPAs, can't drink that stuff. The one thing I can't stomach is yogurt. I Just will not eat rotten milk.
(scientifically) milk never "spoils", it just changes states! LOL!

Agreed, some "stages" of milk I just can't deal with.
Due to the efficiency of modern drugs, they say the likelihood of getting trichinosis from undercooked pork is about a million to one.
Training by my 1920's born parents WILL NOT allow me to even CONSIDER even SLIGHTLY undercooked pork! 🤯😜!
Terribly unpukka old chap!

We all have our limitations. Raw/undercooked meats is just one of mine!

Onions are hideous, peppers and olives are not far behind. The smell of onions alone is near vomit inducing to me, let alone the taste of them. It's a loss of appetite if those abominations are in or near food I'm gonna eat.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back