Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Colorado elk here we come!!!

IdahoBugler

Since everyone else is going to be elk hunting I might as well too. I was fortunate to draw a decent tag this year, decent in quantity of elk in the unit but not on quality of bulls, so I hear. This trip is going to happen in the highest place that you can hunt elk in North America. I'm hoping the lungs can handle the 13000+ elevation we will be hunting.

I drew this tag solo and thought I would be hunting it that way. But luck was on my side and I was able to talk our very own elk bugling/calling expert Oak into coming along. I can't stress enough how fortunate I will be to have his expertise on the mountain with me. Let alone another person to pack out a bull from that nasty old canyon he's sure to run into. That is if I'm lucky enough to get a shot at one.

The plan was to leave today but with my sons football game tomorrow I figured the elk can wait another day. So I will be heading up to Grand J right after the game and hoping to arrive sometime Saturday evening. Sleep for a little bit then off to the unit arriving sometime Sunday afternoon. I will have Oak until the following Sunday and then it will be solo for the next few days. I'm hoping we can make it happen that first week.

I'll try and keep everyone posted on what is going on every few days. As long as I can find a place with service. Good luck to everyone out there chasing the dream and I'm looking forward to seeing all the great animals that will be shot while I'm away for the boards. Shoot straight.

IB,

Good luck. You have started the season off strong and I have no doubt it will carry over to your CO elk hunt. As for your "concern" about the altitude. I for one have faith you will do just fine. You could probably pack an elk and Oak off the mountain at the same time if you choose to!!! I am looking forward to following this one. Drive safe and have a great time.

Next time give me a yell...I was looking to do a tag along for an elk hunt, but no one seemed interested. I'm no Oak, but I have eyes and legs and can even push a record button on a video camera... :)

Good luck on the hunt!

Go get em! You have a good tag, and unlike me don't have to play clean up after the rifle hunts!

IB, good luck bud! Go have a great time and success will follow. I sure wish I was going with you like we frist planned but I have to go to that place call New Mexico and try to kill one. I am glad that you have somebody going with you, that will sure help you out in the long run. Good luck and keep in touch. Send me a picture when you kill. Drive safe n see you when we get back.

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to it.

Next time give me a yell...I was looking to do a tag along for an elk hunt, but no one seemed interested. I'm no Oak, but I have eyes and legs and can even push a record button on a video camera... :)

Good luck on the hunt!
I didn't have your number or I would have called. :D

Go get em! You have a good tag, and unlike me don't have to play clean up after the rifle hunts!
But we will be hunting while the muzzleloader season is going.

Good luck to you on your hunt dude.

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to it.

I didn't have your number or I would have called. :D

I'll make sure next year to let more people know and include the number :)

P.S. - Don't let Oak hold your bullets....I'm just saying...hahahahaha

Good luck IDB!
Take a ton of pictures, this hunt seems to be one of the coolest and most unique experiences you can have chasing elk.

IB - Sounds like you are going to have a great time. Good luck and I can't wait to hear about it when you return.

Dude... I hope you fill both the packs you borrowed from me. Make sure Oak carries the heavier one :p

Good luck fella's. Hope you brought the Gold Bond!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back