CO Re-Issue Day - virtual queue already active

Nope. People are just good at grabbing them quickly. It takes a while for a turned in tag to go on and it is added to the list at a random time. At best someone might know that in the next 2 weeks a great tag might be coming up.

I tend to have a different opinion. Within 5 seconds of the tag posting in the updated PDF, it is gone. Meaning within 5 seconds of refreshing the PDF list the instant the PDF is updated and available, you can jump on the code page, hit the couple numbers and letter and right away receive the "Hunt code is not available for sale." Within 10 seconds, a 10-fingered human is not running the table to complete checkout. IMO, that's either a bot jumping the good codes (and I have seen it happen multiple times as well) or someone has the skinny and is waiting at a CPW checkout counter the instant that tag hits. It's gone essentially before it's available.

Now the tags that survive 60 or 75 seconds, those are a different story...let the races begin.

I tend to have a different opinion. Within 5 seconds of the tag posting in the updated PDF, it is gone. Meaning within 5 seconds of refreshing the PDF list the instant the PDF is updated and available, you can jump on the code page, hit the couple numbers and letter and right away receive the "Hunt code is not available for sale." Within 10 seconds, a 10-fingered human is not running the table to complete checkout. IMO, that's either a bot jumping the good codes (and I have seen it happen multiple times as well) or someone has the skinny and is waiting at a CPW checkout counter the instant that tag hits. It's gone essentially before it's available.

Now the tags that survive 60 or 75 seconds, those are a different story...let the races begin.

That's kind of what I'm thinking too. I wonder how these random tags are put into the system....a human putting them in or is a computer dropping them randomly? If it is a human, definite opportunity for some shady things happening.

The third option is how I get tags in 0 seconds.

I don't have any real insight. However, I have noticed that when you can reload the list on your computer, it's dated 2 minutes prior. Also, there is a disclaimer at the top stating that the information may be up to one hour old.

One thing I have tried, although my attempts have been fruitless thus far, is put in 4 good hunt codes at the purchase screen and try to buy a couple minutes prior to the list being refreshed. I do think this could work and you could have the tag paid for before it even appears on the list, just my own figuring though for what that's worth.

Bots, they can hack the pentagon then anything is possible.
I talked with cpw yesterday and if you got tags in fire units may be able to return them later than the standard time frames.

What are the fire units?

It’s more like what aren’t... grand Mesa, flat tops, nw of rmnp, and w of winter park/Fraser are the big ones with extensive closures. Lots of little ones around. Onx has an active fire layer, best bet it to google fires in the county your hunting unless you have an otc

I don't have any real insight. However, I have noticed that when you can reload the list on your computer, it's dated 2 minutes prior. Also, there is a disclaimer at the top stating that the information may be up to one hour old.

One thing I have tried, although my attempts have been fruitless thus far, is put in 4 good hunt codes at the purchase screen and try to buy a couple minutes prior to the list being refreshed. I do think this could work and you could have the tag paid for before it even appears on the list, just my own figuring though for what that's worth.

I've been trying the same, with the same results so far!

• Haha
Reactions: LCH

A moderately good buck tag whizzed by a few minutes ago. Took 9 points to draw as a non-resident this year. We are homeschooling, so everyone was already in the same room when I saw the notification. Bit of a rodeo there for a couple minutes. Of course, it was gone. :rolleyes:

QQ

• Sad
Reactions: LCH

Anyone else having a slow week or two monitoring the reissue list? Man... I have like two dozen codes I’m watching, and I can’t get anything. I know beggars can’t be choosers, but I was hoping for a little more excitement. 😑

Anyone else having a slow week or two monitoring the reissue list? Man... I have like two dozen codes I’m watching, and I can’t get anything. I know beggars can’t be choosers, but I was hoping for a little more excitement. 😑

Yep. I started out with a "Buy Now" list and a "Consider at some point" list. After seeing tags from the second list go past a couple times, I now just have a longer "Buy Now" list. Surely there will be more action at some point.

QQ

LO List has been slow, I thought more tags would be coming through. Maybe people aren’t going to turn them in this year?

I also thought less people would apply for western tags this Spring with COVID-19 affecting everyone. Shows you how much I know. I guess we should all stop watching the List?

I literally just had one of my 4 watched tags pop up (got to final payment step before the dreaded ‘no quota available’ message), but that was the first one I’ve seen in 2 weeks

Last week was slow. Yesterday an antelope tag I'm gunning for came through.... apparently I wasn't the only one gunning for it. Back to searching

updates

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back