CO Re-Issue Day - virtual queue already active

Couple of questions since I'm new to the reissue list circus....

1. When they start adding tags again on Tuesday, will there be a big dump of tags opening up and a rush to log in again, or will it be all spread out over the day or multiple days?

2. Is the best way to keep up on what is currently available to just refresh the pdf with the list of tags? Then if one of the tags I want pops up, log in and buy it? I do have the app on my phone, but I'm not sure how well it's working for me.

QQ

Couple of questions since I'm new to the reissue list circus....

1. When they start adding tags again on Tuesday, will there be a big dump of tags opening up and a rush to log in again, or will it be all spread out over the day or multiple days?

2. Is the best way to keep up on what is currently available to just refresh the pdf with the list of tags? Then if one of the tags I want pops up, log in and buy it? I do have the app on my phone, but I'm not sure how well it's working for me.

QQ

1. Possibly. My experience from last year, it seems like someone in CPW manually refunds the tags as they come in, they do it adhoc Tues- Friday. The tags kinda trickle in, there were times with 2 tags for a unit would appear then disappear then 3 more for the same unit would appear in the same day. Then there were weeks with nothing. Also A LOT of tags came in during the actual season, like season would open Saturday, then on Tuesday some tags would get released, so if you didn't have a tag and were cool with just hunting the weekend you could get a pretty great tag.

2. I think one of the apps is the best, but I believe one of them is defunct.

Reactions: JAG
Anybody have a number (percentage) for how many tags get turned in and reissued? 10%? 1%? 0.1%

QQ

Really depends on what you're talking about.

Total .1% is probably the overall average. Some hunt codes are 75%

I picked up an average 4th season cow tag, the late season tags that I was shooting for were unsurprisingly gone...but is there a consensus on when the virtual line started forming...8 AM? I logged on at about 8:45, and didn't get in until about 9:08.
That's about right. I got on around that time and was only briefly in the queue.

Reactions: trb
I was able to luck out and get my second choice elk tag on a returned tag. So I am going elk hunting this year. I did subscribe to a notification system which is better then me hitting refresh all day. There was a sweet elk tag turned back in already and I was running across my yard to log on but it was gone by the time I got to the computer. With the new option to get both your money and points back, I bet there will be some awesome returned tags showing up.

I was able to luck out and get my second choice elk tag on a returned tag. So I am going elk hunting this year. I did subscribe to a notification system which is better then me hitting refresh all day. There was a sweet elk tag turned back in already and I was running across my yard to log on but it was gone by the time I got to the computer. With the new option to get both your money and points back, I bet there will be some awesome returned tags showing up.
What notification service did you subscribe to?

Yeah, I was hoping for a little more activity than what I've seen so far. Granted, my schedule limits me to watching for a third season rifle deer tag, and those are probably less likely than some others to pop up. I have the notification app set for 7 different buck tags for a variety of zero to high point hunts, along with corresponding cow elk tags and a couple doe tags. The only notifications I've had are for the elk tags that apparently never sold out in the first and second drawings. And I've only seen two third season rifle buck tags for the whole state when scanning the list myself.

Maybe more tags get returned when it gets closer to the season dates?

QQ

Yeah, I was hoping for a little more activity than what I've seen so far. Granted, my schedule limits me to watching for a third season rifle deer tag, and those are probably less likely than some others to pop up. I have the notification app set for 7 different buck tags for a variety of zero to high point hunts, along with corresponding cow elk tags and a couple doe tags. The only notifications I've had are for the elk tags that apparently never sold out in the first and second drawings. And I've only seen two third season rifle buck tags for the whole state when scanning the list myself.

Maybe more tags get returned when it gets closer to the season dates?

QQ

Yeah you get a ton of turn over right around the thirty day before the season mark. Also a lot of people dump takes a week or 2 before (it seems) so there are tags the pop up during the season, like you might miss opening day but you get to hunt a 10pt unit for 5 days so 🤷‍♂️

So far it's been mostly muzzy tags for deer, and only 2 good archery tags.

I've been playing this game for a few years now and this is always the slowest week. Not much gets put on the list, but as others have said there's been a small number of decent tags pop up so far. Mostly muzzy and archery deer tags that were good, a couple archery elk tags that weren't bad either. I'm stuck only looking for a first rifle elk tag (or second if it's better than my deer tag) so it may be awhile before I find something worth grabbing.

IMHO this shouldn't even be a thing. What an epic disaster as usual.

You type in your choices, tags should be issued, you have 24 hours to pay for the tag, you loose your points, and they collect their money.

If you return a tag it should be within 48 hours after payment has cleared and you should not be able to gain a point for that year and they should notify the next people in line for that tag. Just like they do for the tags over 5 points draw.

One big trickle down draw and you should have 24 hours to pay for your tag or it goes to the next person in line. Anyone who draws a Type A tag should loose their points regardless of what draw it is on.

When the season starts any remaining tags should go into the trash can.

Clean out the point holders and end this madness/nonsense of leftover day and second draw and just make it fair for everyone.

For the record I am a point holder of several species in Colorado.

I agree, the process is very frustrating for those of us that work and can't sit in front of the computer and refresh every 5 minutes. I wish there was some point cost to getting a tag like 50% or something? And with the tags having to be turned in at least 30 days before season, why are archery tags still showing up with season starting 9/2?

I agree, the process is very frustrating for those of us that work and can't sit in front of the computer and refresh every 5 minutes. I wish there was some point cost to getting a tag like 50% or something? And with the tags having to be turned in at least 30 days before season, why are archery tags still showing up with season starting 9/2?
Because they don’t post them the same day they are returned. It’s government and can take a couple weeks

Thanks for the tips on this forum i was able to pick up a muzzle cow elk tag and a rifle buck antelope tag! Come on September!

What are the odds that the good tags have people aware of when they are coming out so they are ready to pounce on them? There were a couple of decent third rifle tags come out today that were swooped up amazingly fast. Just wondering....

What are the odds that the good tags have people aware of when they are coming out so they are ready to pounce on them? There were a couple of decent third rifle tags come out today that were swooped up amazingly fast. Just wondering....
Nope. People are just good at grabbing them quickly. It takes a while for a turned in tag to go on and it is added to the list at a random time. At best someone might know that in the next 2 weeks a great tag might be coming up.

Nope. People are just good at grabbing them quickly. It takes a while for a turned in tag to go on and it is added to the list at a random time. At best someone might know that in the next 2 weeks a great tag might be coming up.
Just wondering. That is good to know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back