PEAX Equipment

CO Re-Issue Day - virtual queue already active

I think all things considered that went pretty well. Certainly better than the brawls in cabelas or server crashes of previous years.
I agree at a Holistic level. Outside of a draw process, I don't know what else they can do besides the multiple queues to tamp down server load and dB connections. That and the Captcha confirmation are big improvements.

At the Micro-level, it's still an awful Shopping Cart interface with all the clicks required (why in the world can't I use my saved credit card? Why can't you submit my Fulfillment method in batch or add a profile default?).

I am something of an IT process geek, so I just tested adding one of the tags as a test and it was 21 mouse clicks, at least 3 typing events ('at least' because it would be 5 or 6 if you don't have credit card info saved in your browser) and at least 10 screen refreshes to buy it.

Contrast that with a similar test on Amazon where I can buy anything (although I tried it with apparel so I'd need to select a color/size) with 1 typing event, 7 clicks and 3 refreshes. Obviously not apples to apples comparing Aspira to Amazon, but illustrative.

End of the day, it is getting better each year. That's about all we can ask for, really.

At the Micro-level, it's still an awful Shopping Cart interface with all the clicks required (why in the world can't I use my saved credit card? Why can't you submit my Fulfillment method in batch or add a profile default?).

Does your computer not allow you to auto-fill all credit card info?

I agree at a Holistic level. Outside of a draw process, I don't know what else they can do besides the multiple queues to tamp down server load and dB connections. That and the Captcha confirmation are big improvements.

I am something of an IT process geek, so I just tested adding one of the tags as a test and it was 21 mouse clicks, at least 3 typing events ('at least' because it would be 5 or 6 if you don't have credit card info saved in your browser) and at least 10 screen refreshes to buy it.

Contrast that with a similar test on Amazon where I can buy anything (although I tried it with apparel so I'd need to select a color/size) with 1 typing event, 7 clicks and 3 refreshes. Obviously not apples to apples comparing Aspira to Amazon, but illustrative.

End of the day, it is getting better each year. That's about all we can ask for, really.

Compared to Amazon definitely could be improved.... compared to Montana...

maybe you can use those reject paper licenses from last year to clean yourselves up.

Last edited:
Does your computer not allow you to auto-fill all credit card info?
It does - and I did - but you still have to confirm the CVV number in Chrome (which is why it was 3 typing events for me but may have been twice that if you had to type it all in).

Either way - I have CC info stored in my CPW profile so it is a little odd that I even have to Autofill.

I’m pretty happy with the process 😉

I’m pretty happy with the process 😉
I actually agree with the statement - I was surprised by the improvement and I really don't mind that I didn't get a tag. I had a chance to get one and that's cool - I just have a lifelong pet peeve about inefficiency :)

At least there will be loads of entertainment on the 'I Hunt Colorado' Facebook page for quite some time. Already a pile of conspiracy theories and a few "I got a tag this morning for unit XXX and I've never even looked at it on a map, any tips?"

I think all things considered that went pretty well. Certainly better than the brawls in cabelas or server crashes of previous years.

Yeah, I picked up a mediocre antelope doe tag, the little man on the green sidewalk still kicked me in the crotch though...

I picked up an average 4th season cow tag, the late season tags that I was shooting for were unsurprisingly gone...but is there a consensus on when the virtual line started forming...8 AM? I logged on at about 8:45, and didn't get in until about 9:08.

Reactions: LCH
Good news for the folks worried about travel and covid, etc. and pondering returning Colorado tags or eating them.

CPW has rolled out more forgiving tag refund and points reinstatement procedures.

If concern about covid or pandemic are cited on the return form you will get your money AND points back if postmarked by 15 days before season start. But not an added point for this year so far. Not publicized yet, but I understand it will be--but take this to the bank. True as of a couple weeks ago. Surely this will impact some nonresidents in particular and some residents.

I wonder if other states may loosen standards too.

If concern about covid or pandemic are cited on the return form you will get your money AND points back if postmarked by 15 days before season start.

Keep your eyes peeled and stay safe.

Last edited:
So I was in... then clicked on the big game license button and got re-queued. This is gonna suck folks.
Same happened to me last year. It’s quite amazing that the same exact issues occur every year and they do nothing about it.

Rather not put the unit or hunt code on here. It’s a 2 point min muzzleloader tag so not hard to draw but awesome for me to have in my pocket with my elk tag. You can PM me if your still wondering.

I got an average 4 point tag as a leftover and I'm happy as hell to save my points. I've hunted the unit before and have taken a good buck out of it. Especially since I should be living in the unit by then and will be surrounded by public land. The first time I got this tag you could get it with plenty of leftovers still not sold. But, Eastman's put it as a sleeper unit a couple of years ago and anywhere you can camp looks like a KOA and there are 4 wheelers and UTVs everywhere. It seems that Texans love this unit lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back