Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Buzz & Jeff's late season adventure!

Buzz & Jeff's Adventure Part II: the aftermath

So with our elk secured to possession the proverbial "work begins". Being Buzz and I are old hands at this, we decide each one of us would take care of our own elk and get them ready for the trip down the hill. After that chore is complete we regroup. Since we are now into the afternoon, we decide that coming back the next day is the best plan. I offer a suggestion that if the two of us could hurl an elk quarter into the air, it should easily make the truck in the wind. Buzz does a few physics equations he agrees, but advises there might be no more than little pieces of quarters left downwind. We decide against that idea. I then tell Buzz I have a game cart that will hold both quartered elk and we can do this in one trip the next day. We let the wind take us down the hill, Buzz changes back into his slippers (Hey Dudes) and he drives me to my truck driving very carefully so as not to make me sick.🤮

We decided to meet the next morning at the hunt area, instead of Buzz picking me up, and I arrived slightly ahead of schedule. I am kind of excited the wind has laid down a little from the day before. I begin to prepare the game cart by putting the knobby motorcycle tire on. It is at this point I realize the last person who borrowed my cart didn't put all the bearing washers back on the axle bolt. Buzz shows up in his Hey Dudes. Within minutes the Doors of Hell open up and the wind is howling again worse than the day before. Dust is blowing around, tools and parts are flying off my tailgate and Buzz accidentally opens doors on both sides of his truck and the contents begin to scatter across the landscape. Finally, we find a lock washer to replace a washer and make the game cart whole again!

At this point a friend of Buzz's shows up. He is hunting in the area with his buddies and he offered his help to us. Into the wind we go, literally being halted by the wind at certain times pushing the cart up the hill. We finally make it to my elk. Since Buzz's elk is 300 yards over the hill, Buzz and his friend head that way, while I hock my quarters. Pretty soon another friend of Buzz shows up. And then two more! We all pitch in, get all eight quarters and straps and tenderloin loaded and head down the hill.
263773399_4500896686673758_8667235421203119106_n.jpg
So these four guys are all nonresidents who come out and hunt every year with Buzz. I politely asked them what is wrong with them? They are puzzled. I guess no one here has read the memo that residents and nonresidents are supposed to hate each other. Truth is we are all hunters and that bond is too strong to break. Thanks for the help guys!
262547159_4557009157721556_1317709006028461993_n.jpg
Who ever said late season elk hunting isn't fun?

Last edited:
This is great! Miss these hunts with my grandpa.

Call me old fashioned but I drive in crocs.
Cute, I live in my crocs! LOL I deer hunted several times this year in my crocs. Find something quieter to walk in. I'll wait!

I have hey dudes on my christmas list this year. They are pretty comfy. They'll complement my crocs when it's below freezing. Can't bring myself to get the fuzzy crocs.

If you guys came to Montana we’d have the overpopulation of cows back under objective within a year.

Totally thought you were talking about cattle there for a minute, and was nodding my head. Then I got sad when I remembered we were talking elk in Montana.

Congrats! Fan of the camo crocs here actually recovered my buck in them this year forgot to throw the boots in the bed. Lol

.......Buzz shows up in his Hey Dudes. Within minutes the Doors of Hell open up and the wind is howling again worse than the day before. Dust is blowing around, tools and parts are flying off my tailgate and Buzz accidentally opens doors on both sides of his truck and the contents begin to scatter across the landscape. Finally, we find a lock washer to replace a washer and make the game cart whole again!
This part is so hilarious. I can see this unfolding and the chaos that ensued. Laughing still.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back