MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bourbon Connoisseurs

I'm not really into bourbon, but on the insistence of a bro-in-law who is super into bourbon, I put myself in for a lottery...one time a few months back. I forgot about it until I got an email saying I'd won.

It appears I used up all of my drawing luck for the foreseeable future on this bottle of bourbon instead of a sheep tag, but oh well.

I'm giving him the bottle next time he is in town because it means more to him than me.IMG_20230210_162825855.jpg

I'm not really into bourbon, but on the insistence of a bro-in-law who is super into bourbon, I put myself in for a lottery...one time a few months back. I forgot about it until I got an email saying I'd won.

It appears I used up all of my drawing luck for the foreseeable future on this bottle of bourbon instead of a sheep tag, but oh well.

I'm giving him the bottle next time he is in town because it means more to him than me.View attachment 272948
IMO that is the best Pappy. Better than the 23yr.

Went to a local place in a little tiny village that uses 4 Roses as their Well Bourbon. You can bet they make a good Old fashioned and Manhattan. Of course when you are paying $17 for a cocktail it better be damn good.

Went to a local place in a little tiny village that uses 4 Roses as their Well Bourbon. You can bet they make a good Old fashioned and Manhattan. Of course when you are paying $17 for a cocktail it better be damn good.
Not to worry, I paid $50 for 2 16-ouncers at US Bank Stadium last weekend.

IMO that is the best Pappy. Better than the 23yr.
Good to know. I didn't even know there was a 23yr. I know next to nothing about whiskey. I've tried a little of the 12yr Pappy my dad had at his house last spring. (This photo was for fun, I didn't actually take a swig straight from the bottle.) I liked it, and I liked it better than other bourbons I've tried, but I don't think I have the acquired taste or palate or whatever.

When my bro-in-law is here next and gets the bottle, I'll ask him if I can have a little of the 15-year on your recommendation.

When I sent a screenshot of the email and told him I drew it and he could have it, he had the same reaction I have when I draw a good hunting tag, so I was stoked for him. I don't think I'd appreciate it as much as someone who is into bourbon as some folks are.Screenshot_20230422-135040-687.png

View attachment 273042One is a bourbon at least. For you heathens, it’s a tasting. And it’s classy as all get out.
EW Single Barrel was the best value in bourbon for years. Then they decided to make it a state only bottle and you have to buy it in Kentucky. They also limited production to increase demand.

Cheapest I found it in Louisville last weekend was $63. No way. Not worth it. That’s more than Wellers green.

EWSB went from being the best bourbon under $30 to a poor $60 bourbon. Frustrates me.

I haven’t bought a bottle of that ewsb in a couple of years. I’m betting I was ~25 for that. Yeah, at more than 30 I’m out.

I guess I’ll continue to explore the rye world.

Good to know. I didn't even know there was a 23yr. I know next to nothing about whiskey. I've tried a little of the 12yr Pappy my dad had at his house last spring. (This photo was for fun, I didn't actually take a swig straight from the bottle.) I liked it, and I liked it better than other bourbons I've tried, but I don't think I have the acquired taste or palate or whatever.

When my bro-in-law is here next and gets the bottle, I'll ask him if I can have a little of the 15-year on your recommendation.

When I sent a screenshot of the email and told him I drew it and he could have it, he had the same reaction I have when I draw a good hunting tag, so I was stoked for him. I don't think I'd appreciate it as much as someone who is into bourbon as some folks are.View attachment 273004
Banana for scale.

EW Single Barrel was the best value in bourbon for years. Then they decided to make it a state only bottle and you have to buy it in Kentucky. They also limited production to increase demand.

Cheapest I found it in Louisville last weekend was $63. No way. Not worth it. That’s more than Wellers green.

EWSB went from being the best bourbon under $30 to a poor $60 bourbon. Frustrates me.
You should be able to get 3 wellers For 63

Been on a Knob Creek run of recent. Bourbon not the Rye. Brings some heat down the gullet when swirled. Heh!

Also another I've been meaning to place in our cabinet: Uncle Nearest. Interesting history behind the sip.

a little gimmicky, a bit expensive, but it is indeed good.

wife loves it, so we might have to keep a bottle around for special occasions.

IMG-1973.jpg

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fred Powell Sr
Back