Bourbon Connoisseurs

Beyond the fact that I enjoy drinking it, a big part of collecting bourbon for me is the hunt. Just like in actual hunting, you can pay secondary market prices to bypass the work, or you can put in the time and build some relationships, and find the gems for MSRP. Like the Eagle Rare I posted, I went without it for several years because I wouldn't pay the elevated prices, but the other day I found two bottles for $35 a piece and snapped it up.

Over the years I have owned 3 different bottles of Pappy, and the most expensive one was Pappy 23 ~$250; which was MSRP at the time. They were all good, but I even felt that the Pappy 23 was a bit overpriced for the quality.

Which one you like the best?

I bought a bottle Bullet Single Barrel (store exclusive) a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. Tastes a lot like Four Roses, in fact it may be Four Roses since they use to distill for Bullet.

My favorite of the weekend is the IW Harper Cabernet Cask. I bought it at the distillery for $63. It was $130ish at the stores I went to down there and can’t seem to find it in Indiana so it was a relatively good “deal.”

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back