Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

AZ Elk - Man I love this place

I enjoyed your write up and to tell the truth it didn't matter to me if you got a bull or not. Just the thought that you had a chance kept me on the edge of my seat and yes I do have points for Wyoming!

Tough conditions, tough hunt. All in all a good time with the family

Great heart felt essay, Randy. I read every word. Couldn't put it down. You started my morning out right. Can't wait to see the episode.
I have near max deer points in WY. I need to talk with you about applications!

Great write up Fin, very cool to see you grind it out despite the conditions. I really wish it would've ended differently, but that's hunting I guess.

Was the bull you missed the same one from the day before? It looks like it from the pictures, but not definitely. Huge old bull...

I've got WY d/e/a points that I've got no idea on how to spend, but I've also got no designer jeans or bad boy buggy.

Last edited:
Great write up Fin, very cool to see you grind it out despite the conditions. I really wish it would've ended differently, but that's hunting I guess.

Was the bull you missed the same one from the day before? It looks like it from the pictures, but not definitely. Huge old bull...

I've got WY d/e/a points that I've got no idea on how to spend, but I've also got no designer jeans or bad boy buggy.

The one I missed turned out to be the same one Matthew backed away from, but different from the other big bull I saw while scouting. The one I missed was not quite as long on the main beams, but much longer on the tine length.

Hell, if you have WY points and don't let your wife dress you in designer fancy pants, then you would fit right in on our show. Not having a bad boy buggy will get you demoted on outdoor TV, as it has for me, but my clothing, language, style, and behavior probably has me demoted as far as I can get, so welcome to our camp. :D

Super write-up of a great trip and father/son adventure. I really appreciate your knack for re-creating the real world of hunting, with all it's ups and downs. It's much more than just killing. Thanks.

Randy, congrats on a great season! It seems like such a long time ago you wrote about the AK moose hunt...

One of my hunting buddies is a recent transplant to AZ and got a nice bull in 7E last Sunday. I'm saving my points to join him on a hunt out there in a few years. I do have 5 elk points in WY without a good plan to use them yet. :)

awesome hunt. my son and I had a similar hunt in Kaibab this year. we both passed up numerous bucks only to each miss a big one. we were bummed out having to go home empty handed. it didn't take long before the experience shared and the memories made, and it began to sink in that we weren't going home empty handed at all. nothing better than hunting with family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back