Caribou Gear

Award for Worst Game Reg in the US

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
What purpose could this possibly serve? I'm all for promoting safety while hunting, but this makes absolutely no sense at all.

And it's sad that I'm a little surprised that they don't charge you for that sticker. :LOL:

Not sure if it still requires it but when I lived in MO they required same sticker for turkey hunting. It was an attempt to stop the remarkably high number of people getting shot during turkey season. Had something to do with a phych study done on what happens between the eye and the brain that they thought might be contributing to the shootings. Felt the sticker might disrupt that faulty signal to the brain. Not sure what the effectiveness was but I do remember turkey hunting accounting for the most accidental shootings

I have seen those stickers before but never was aware it was a law...lol. i think worst is blaze laws partly because it effects everyone. Every state has different requirement; i hunted one state couple weeks ago that doesnt have orange law then next state i had to wear a orange hat and vest, not to mention all sub laws related to it...goofy but cant believe we havent standardized or removed orange laws uniformly across 50 states.

Not sure if it still requires it but when I lived in MO they required same sticker for turkey hunting. It was an attempt to stop the remarkably high number of people getting shot during turkey season. Had something to do with a phych study done on what happens between the eye and the brain that they thought might be contributing to the shootings. Felt the sticker might disrupt that faulty signal to the brain. Not sure what the effectiveness was but I do remember turkey hunting accounting for the most accidental shootings

So basically breaking tunnel vision?

The thought makes sense to me. Didn't think a sticker would break that, but I'm not a psychologist either.

Another is deep, slow rhythmic breathing. Its supposed to make sure your brain and eyes get enough oxygen to break that tunnel vision when you get excited.

Yeah apparently there was a similar issue and it was either the sticker or hunter orange for turkey season... which yes I prefer the sticker.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michaelcollins
Back