Award for Worst Game Reg in the US

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Dont some states eastern make you wear a big numbered tag on your back? I feel like that was a thing at some point
This was the law in OH when I was growing up. Not sure if that’s still the case or not. We also had metal bands for deer tags that I much prefer over the paper ones.

Can you do it via text?
Nope you have to use the app. to make it worse after you submit the electronic tag you have to then hand write pretty much all the information that is on the tag onto a piece of paper or duct tape or something else that you then have to attach to the animal just like a paper tag. Much easier to just go with the paper tag. also with the paper tag, since you print it yourself on plain printer paper you can scan a copy back into your computer. (not legal but easy to do) Then if you shoot something but don't get checked on the way home you can just print another tag and go hunting again. I don't think they thought it through when they came up with this new system.

Can you do it via text?
UT has an app for registering coyote kills if you are going to turn it in for the $50 bounty payment. You don’t have to be online to record it. You take a picture of the animal and it captures the GPS coordinates. You then enter some additional info such as sex and method of take, and then transmit it when you get to someplace with a signal. You still have to take in the scalp and lower jaw bone, but it streamlines that process since you don’t have to manually fill out a log sheet.

I believe this is either Wisconsin or Michigan
We use to in Wisconsin until a few years ago. Tag also included your validation slip. It keeps coming back up on spring dnr hearings. Many are in favor of going back to it as people want a way of reporting violations such as trespassing.

Nope you have to use the app. to make it worse after you submit the electronic tag you have to then hand write pretty much all the information that is on the tag onto a piece of paper or duct tape or something else that you then have to attach to the animal just like a paper tag. Much easier to just go with the paper tag. also with the paper tag, since you print it yourself on plain printer paper you can scan a copy back into your computer. (not legal but easy to do) Then if you shoot something but don't get checked on the way home you can just print another tag and go hunting again. I don't think they thought it through when they came up with this new system.
MA is pretty much the same.

I think a better system would be a check in via Text, like you text a number when you get one down, provide date/gender/ etc. That way you could do it via an inreach or similar device. Once you submit your harvest you get a code that you put on your paper tag which you can put in your pocket.

If you tried to shoot another deer the next day and reprint your tag the GW would ask for your code and see that it was generated the day before.

So you think people do foolish things with guns because they are not concerned about going to jail? Or is your idea to stop shooters that have shot more than one other hunter within a 5 year period. Putting a person in jail is not a preventative measure it is a punishment. Not saying their shouldn't be punishment but your idea doesn't do much good in preventing the foolish behavior.
A rather simplistic definition of the merits of punishment. Incarceration serves three functions: prevention, protection of society, and rehabilitation. Methinks you could learn something from a university course in criminology. I did.

I thought someone would have jumped on CO muzzy regs already; for no sobots and loose powder only. And debate on type of sights between states.

Dont some states eastern make you wear a big numbered tag on your back? I feel like that was a thing at some point.
Pennsylvania was like that for a long time. A friend of mine got a citation for not displaying his “back tag” number on his license while hunting. He had his license in his pack so it didn’t get tore off while going through brush but his reasoning wasn’t good enough to avoid the penalty.

Why because you should at least be trying to use a muzzy and not just a shitty rifle lol

I feel like it should be a flintlock only season but that's just me.
Haha that would be great. Drive 1800 miles to watch your flint click over and over and not go boom because the morning dew soaked your powder and the bull runs away.

I have a feeling there wouldn’t be as many laughs in that scenario as there is when it’s a whitetail doe running away but I would still be all for it.

Haha that would be great. Drive 1800 miles to watch your flint click over and over and not go boom because the morning dew soaked your powder and the bull runs away.

I have a feeling there wouldn’t be as many laughs in that scenario as there is when it’s a whitetail doe running away but I would still be all for it.
Fair point lol

I think there is a middle ground between flintlock and nitrofire with a scope and CO is in a decent position... all things consider.

AND If complaining continues I'm petitioning we go to a matchlock season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not allowing the taking of a bear "known to be in the presence of other bears" in the proposed Missouri regs seems more ridiculous than a sticker on your shotgun, at least to me.

The Wyoming wilderness rule would be another.

Not allowing the taking of a bear "known to be in the presence of other bears" in the proposed Missouri regs seems more ridiculous than a sticker on your shotgun, at least to me.

The Wyoming wilderness rule would be another.
Oh yeah... I see your bears and raise you some yotes...

So I can hunt coyotes at night... but not with lights or with a .45 pistol... and only until midnight?

1607542641939.png
1607542473015.png

Can you do it via text?
You have to show location on a map of where you harvested your animal. You can still print your tag, but my guess is thats going away. They are pushing for web based data. I understand the need for more real-time info but its not realistic.

You have to show location on a map of where you harvested your animal. You can still print your tag, but my guess is thats going away. They are pushing for web based data. I understand the need for more real-time info but its not realistic.
Inreach and other devices provide a lat/long with the text? You could also just type it in

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kws82590
Back