Award for Worst Game Reg in the US

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Oh no I am paper tagging only. Last freaking thing I deal with is my phone. But for how long.
Same here, about half the time I leave the house I forget that damn phone. Even if there is a good chance I'll need it.

I traveled to Mass to hunt turkeys back in the nineties for 4-5 years. Sticker was mandatory then too.
Wow. What an inconvenience.
Kinda like wearing a mask.

I do like there there are no specific shooting times for big game in Alaska.
If you can see it by natural light, it is legal shooting time.
That's nice. Here in NY, big game hunting is sunrise to sunset. Drives me crazy to miss out on the two best half-hours of the day. That would be a tie with the minimum age of deer hunting set at 14, for the dumbest rules here.

This was the law in OH when I was growing up. Not sure if that’s still the case or not. We also had metal bands for deer tags that I much prefer over the paper ones.
I think the back tags are still mandatory in the southern tier of NY. Not sure, because I never hunt there anymore, but it definitely used to be the case.

Careful. Looks like you might get cited for improper sticker alignment there.
Don’t worry it’s a “google” image I’m still not allowed to possess a shotgun in the commonwealth. I will make sure to break out my level when I put mine on ;)

Dumb = things that do nothing, orange would have likely reduced accidents... also isn't this the whole reason you can't use buck shot, #2s etc on turkey's. Isn't the idea that #5s have a greatly reduced chance of being lethal on humans at hunting ranges?
No questioning it is one of many dumb options, I was just pointing out that if you preferred it over others it might fall short of "worst" by definition.

They stopped the license on the back thing several years ago, as well as the metal tag. Now it is call in or online reporting system and you write the confirmation number on your paper tag.
That's how it is in MN for deer and turkey.

Back