Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Worst Places in WY

Perma, send a PM, I can give you a realistic view of some of these communities not influenced by internet BS.
You probably don’t realize there’s a ton of folks here commenting that have lived here for decades, or in my families case, several generations 😂

The National 9 Hotel in Gillete, WY is the worst hotel I've ever been in. I am a cheap person and I almost always get the cheapest hotel I can find, and I very rarely regret going as cheap as possible. I was an athlete in college and spent years staying in the grossest and cheapest places all over the midwest and have been been mostly unbothered. The National 9 actually grossed me out.

No pets allowed - dogs barked all night
Non smoking room - room reeked of cigarettes
Everything was trashed, bathroom was dirty.

Just don't stay there. Stay anywhere else or sleep in your vehicle.
Same...I think I stayed there once a couple summers back on my way to a prairie dog shoot. Booked the cheapest place I could find online, sight unseen. It was rough.

You fellows have some high standards. I could take you to some places down in Mississippi that would make these towns look like Disney Land.
:ROFLMAO: yup, I think most of these people dont know what a bad neighborhood or high crime area is. They see one drug addict and think its the only town with drugs in the state or US lol.

My subjective conclusions from comments:
Wamsutter
Rawlins
Rock Springs
Gillette
Shoshoni

Maybe there should be a poll.

Anyone live or hunt out near Kemmerer? I put in for a late cow tag out that way. Any skeevy motels or dive bars to avoid?

Anyplace in Wyoming is better than most any place in any other state. This is just my opinion, which probably ain't worth a pinch of poop to most folks.
See, this is the post I needed before I leave. Some good ol posi vibes.

Leaving tomorrow, bois and gals. Back to the Wild Wild West, where I’m from.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back