Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Worst Places in WY

It is Rawlins and its not even close. There is a reason why they put the state prison there.
Can confirm. Lived in Rawlins for work for 9 months. I still flip that place the bird every time I drive through

Some folks can stand Casper, the only benefit is it's only 2 1/2 hours from Laramie to catch a pokes game. Otherwise it's a hard no.

Moving back to Wyo this summer, it's either Laramie or Cheyenne and no other considerations.

Lots of Cheyenne haters amongst HT, didn't realize there's so many people giving wrong advice around here!

Personally, it's gotta be Wheatland. Take the winter weather from Arlington, hail storms from Pine Bluff, poor attitudes from Jackson Hole, politics from Laramie county, add tornadoes and the price gouging fuel from Rock Springs, crime out of Casper and you've created Wheatland.

Moving back to Wyo this summer, it's either Laramie or Cheyenne and no other considerations.

Lots of Cheyenne haters amongst HT, didn't realize there's so many people giving wrong advice around here!

Personally, it's gotta be Wheatland. Take the winter weather from Arlington, hail storms from Pine Bluff, poor attitudes from Jackson Hole, politics from Laramie county, add tornadoes and the price gouging fuel from Rock Springs, crime out of Casper and you've created Wheatland.

you're putting some good descriptors to my triangle.

just think of living in shitty places with flat land, no public land, no income, and long drives to get good commodities and health care.

the Whermuda Triangle.

1 ) Rawlins (If I had a house in hell and a house in Rawlins, I would sell the one in Rawlins and move straight to hell)

2) Guernsey (No one has ever said, I love Guernsey)

3) Byron (Cops pull you over and issue tickets to buy summertime fireworks)

4) Little America (Too Many Damn Signs on I80)

5) Elk Mountain (Worst place in America to ever put a highway next too)

but honest to god people, gun to your head, have to choose, are you living in Sinclair or Rawlins?

the fact that Sinclair is legitimately a town, with a mayor, and people living in it, is baffling to me.

you're putting some good descriptors to my triangle.

just think of living in shitty places with flat land, no public land, no income, and long drives to get good commodities and health care.

the Whermuda Triangle.
100% unintentional with the descriptions but your map is spot on. I'd only edit your map to add a little circle around Jackson Hole, exclude the refuge if you please or at least add a footnote to make all aware of deceptively abysmal the Hole has gotten.

Landfills are usually at the bottom of my list of places to live.

Wait ... I forgot about ski resort towns. I'd choose living in a dump first.

Last edited:
Su Casa is so good though!

oh shoot! i have eaten there. i think was like 11 years old.

my memory had that stamped in my mind as rawlins.

i remember my mom and i were sitting there eating burritos and rellenos listening to some dude recount his recent killing of a mt lion on his back porch over near the town of Elk Mountain to a handful of keenly listening locals. to this day i wonder if Game and Fish ever followed up on that guy. he was so keen on talking about it, practically seemed like he was having to stop strangers on the sidewalk to let them know what he'd don.

damn i swear we were in rawlins when that happened. but it had to have been su casa.

I think some of you guys are confusing towns with places. Rawlins, Casper, and RS might not be nice towns…but they’re in awesome places. The amount of year round outdoor activities in those places, coupled with ample public land make a good place.

Gillette may be a nicer town than Rawlins or RS, for example. But as far as the place…and the surrounding area? The only good thing Gillettes got going for it it is Keyhole and the Black Hills, and the Black Hills are a bit of a drive.

Now if we’re talking bad towns, Midwest/Edgerton hands down.

I’d have to imagine a lot of Wyoming has high suicide rates in the winter.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back