Worst Places in WY

We booked a Hotel in Rawlins in October. Obviously - based on our clothing- we were hunting. Me, my wife and son.

After checking in with the rude, distracted, shady, bedraggled, high-as-hell lady at the front, who kept shooting furtive glances at the twitchy, scabby, rotten meth-head sitting on the floor in the corner…I walked out to the truck, told my wife the situation, and we drove straight over to the Hilton and got another room.

I’ve never got the Heebie-Jeebies that bad before, and didn’t relish the idea of sitting up all night with a rifle pointed at the door.
Man, this reminds me of the time I got off work down there, stopped at the Taco John's for some dinner as it was the only place still open. Sitting in the drive thru I look over to the adjacent motel parking lot and there are two meth heads screaming at each other. One skinny little dude wearing nothing but whitey tighties grabbing onto this mini van that his tweaked out girlfriend is trying to drive away in. She eventually got the van started and screamed out of the parking lot headed for the interstate. After being drug for thirty or so feet, latching onto the van door, the dude eventually tumbled to the ground and walked off into the last grey light in the west of downtown Rawlins, never to be seen again.

Again to hell with Rawlins

We booked a Hotel in Rawlins in October. Obviously - based on our clothing- we were hunting. Me, my wife and son.

After checking in with the rude, distracted, shady, bedraggled, high-as-hell lady at the front, who kept shooting furtive glances at the twitchy, scabby, rotten meth-head sitting on the floor in the corner…I walked out to the truck, told my wife the situation, and we drove straight over to the Hilton and got another room.

I’ve never got the Heebie-Jeebies that bad before, and didn’t relish the idea of sitting up all night with a rifle pointed at the door.

I know this feeling. Me and friend have a running joke when we stay at really bad hotels. We always send a picture to eachother of a firearm in the foreground and hotel room door in the background with caption “waiting for Anton”

Since the western movie (No Country For Old Men) thread is hot right now hopefully that clicks with people.

This is the worst post on this forum.

Only because I’m moving to WY next week. Thanks HT. As if my anxiety wasn’t bad enough.
Welcome. Where in Wy?

I am 3rd generation Cheyenne. I have lived there, Rawlins, and now the Black Hills.

I'm in paradise now. Rawlins was OK. You all are over exaggerating how bad it is. I hated Cheyenne. Too big, too Colorado, too expensive. Big cities are like that IMO. We make good money on our home sale, and had good jobs. The wind sucks beyond suck, so there's that. There are a couple of very good restaurants, and we miss those.

Sundance is nice. Whoever said that is nuts.

In reality, all of Wyoming sucks horribly, so don't come here. Really.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back