Caribou Gear

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

Now that I'm older I am spread all over in the market. Managed funds. I only have a few individual holdings.
I see that Black Rock coffee went public. Up 26%. I am NOT one to buy in the first month or so. I like to see things shake out first. Anyone else following BRCC?
I bought a few hundred dollars of this one when it was first announced. Today might bring me close to the black finally lol.

Just ordered two of these for a travel trailer.
Screenshot_20220211-115849_Chrome.jpg

Would like to find a lithium investment that is not sketchy but am not finding one at this moment. Any opinions or recommendations welcome.

Sucks for sure and not saying we won’t go lower, nevertheless, if you are a long-term investor (5+ years), these are the kind of days that you buy the market, not sell it. And forget individual stocks unless you are just trading them for fun, just go for an S&P index like VOO and stick to it for the long-haul.
Remember this; $10K invested in the S&P in 1980 and simply left there until now, would be worth $1M today…

Sucks for sure and not saying we won’t go lower, nevertheless, if you are a long-term investor (5+ years), these are the kind of days that you buy the market, not sell it. And forget individual stocks unless you are just trading them for fun, just go for an S&P index like VOO and stick to it for the long-haul.
Remember this; $10K invested in the S&P in 1980 and simply left there until now, would be worth $1M today…
It was a good day for my investments. The reason it was bad for the other markets is not so good though.

This graph tells it all…View attachment 212040
What is not shown is when that theoretical investor went to cash, the market dropped then they bought back in at a lower price point per share than when exited. I prefer time in the market vs. timing the market but when stocks go on sale I rotate out of bonds into stocks and then when stocks bounce back I rotate some back into bonds. I don't do options. I have gone years at a time without selling a single bond holding or stock holding but was a trader trying to time the market from the pandemic start through the vaccines being approved. Markets were moving up and down 5% or more in a short interval. I jumped in/out/rotated multiple times but only bought items I was willing to hold for a decade in case market dropped and stayed low after I bought back in. I saw that as nominal risk and since was trading in IRA there was no tax impact

The next 6 months looks jumpy with a fall in value for bonds and stocks facing headwinds, imho, based on inflation being hard to judge thus the expected number and value of rate hikes is fuzzy, Russia/Ukraine, China/Taiwan/North Korea, risk of recession and rising unemployment, overstock of inventories currently as companies stocked up to ride out supply interruptions yet now sales are slowing in some sectors ala Pelotron and Omicron is killing 1000's of people a week yet mask mandates are ending soon. I am virtually 100% invested but considered going 100% cash this week.

Why doesn't it show the missing the worst 5 days, worst 10, worst 30,etc?
Lets have fun with charts. Here is one that says if you bought at the end of the day and sold at the open EVERY day for 30ish years you would have CRUSHED IT!
Simple, because it's supposed to show you what the returns are if you just set it and forget it over a career's worth of working time and that's actual return, not just hypothetical. Trying to time the market is a fools game. To me, the 10,000% gain shown in the example I provided is incredible. I don't need to do better than that.

SENS: FDA approval and the stock tanks... -33%

Searching for a SENS rock to crawl under...

CEO maintained 12-14mil for sales during his announcement... why the flip he brought that up at the same time is flipping nuts!
Analysts were expecting 30mil first year.

CEO has been extremely conservative with his estimates...

Will work well for his earning calls though he lacks business savvy...

How long g to hold @ this point.

SENS: FDA approval and the stock tanks... -33%

Searching for a SENS rock to crawl under...

CEO maintained 12-14mil for sales during his announcement... why the flip he brought that up at the same time is flipping nuts!
Analysts were expecting 30mil first year.

CEO has been extremely conservative with his estimates...

Will work well for his earning calls though he lacks business savvy...

How long g to hold @ this point.
Welcome to the show. I know how it sucks when the market reaction doesn't go your way.

Any oil players catch the FTK swing today? Wilks brother's back throwing their money around. Stong oil prices, new investment from a big customer - I bought into the story... lets hope this one pans out for me.

Anybody eyeing crypto?

Personally sitting on the sidelines until Bitcoin is 30K. Of the Alts that I hold I’m waiting until 75% down before starting to buy again.

On another note, gold an oil seem poised for a run. IMO.

have a lot of cash laying around. went on a bit of spree between 7:30 and 8:00.

def didn't spend all of it though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back