Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

So there's this "game" you play at corporate retreats where everyone has to list their superpower... I used to struggle to come up with anything I was really all that good at, but thankfully Robinhood as revealed that my true superhuman power is to buy stocks just before they crash. It's uncanny, they can be big names or small companies just starting off, the result is always the same.

It's almost like stocks are nuclear weapons from North Korea and I'm the best missile defense system ever, I shoot'em all down, one-by-one, doesn't matter how many come at me.
LOL. We have a guy at work that has the uncanny ability to sell a stock just before it takes off. He usually doesn't lose money on them, but it is almost a guarantee that if he decides to sell the stock is going up sometime soon.

We all make him tell us whenever he sells something....

@Sytes talk about SENS got me to throw a bit of money at it and it's up 44% in a little over a week. Took a little bit of the sting out of alphabet when I passed on the $2500 mark just before the split announcement. I've got a couple of friends who've been there for well over 15 years. One's a VP one's a director, this might be their cast off into the glorious sunset.

@Sytes talk about SENS got me to throw a bit of money at it and it's up 44% in a little over a week. Took a little bit of the sting out of alphabet when I passed on the $2500 mark just before the split announcement. I've got a couple of friends who've been there for well over 15 years. One's a VP one's a director, this might be their cast off into the glorious sunset.
I hadn't heard about yet. I told about 15 shares of GOOG a little bit ago at $2,750/share or so and was feeling decent about that decision until right about now.

LOL. We have a guy at work that has the uncanny ability to sell a stock just before it takes off. He usually doesn't lose money on them, but it is almost a guarantee that if he decides to sell the stock is going up sometime soon.

We all make him tell us whenever he sells something....
I suspect you are like most that buy something after it has gone up +20% thinking it will go another +20%. If you buy after the run up you are usually too late. As they say you have to be forward looking and different.

I just picked up some Ford. I'll probably be the next to get beat senseless.......
That is a stock that did nothing but go down for 5 years until mid 2020. Speculation on how well they were suited to take advantage of Biden electrification created the recent movement that proved too soon to tell.

I see a lot of talk where people are buying/selling what is in the news. Need to think about the overall market and where the opportunity is outside of the headlines.

I suspect you are like most that buy something after it has gone up +20% thinking it will go another +20%. If you buy after the run up you are usually too late. As they say you have to be forward looking and different.
You got me. I'm a loser and a Sheeple.

I will admit. My biggest weakness with stocks is selling, not buying. I have one stock in particular that I sold too early that I still kick myself for. I have more stocks that I should have sold right after they pop but end up just holding them. Typically most of my sells are when things get stagnant and I start writing covered calls and get a few exercised.

Yep. Now I will have enough shares to be able to write some covered calls so I may end up accidentally selling mine now. :cool:
This is one I would dare naked calls... I doubt it's going down from $150 though the market is it's own monster or Sugar Daddy.

Now that I'm older I am spread all over in the market. Managed funds. I only have a few individual holdings.
I see that Black Rock coffee went public. Up 26%. I am NOT one to buy in the first month or so. I like to see things shake out first. Anyone else following BRCC?

Now that I'm older I am spread all over in the market. Managed funds. I only have a few individual holdings.
I see that Black Rock coffee went public. Up 26%. I am NOT one to buy in the first month or so. I like to see things shake out first. Anyone else following BRCC?

noticed that too. i was totally in the dark. i love a good SPAC speculation, i woulda been all over that.

Back